Structural & methods drafter / offshore
Sapura Energy Australia (SEA) is a leading offshore oil and gas subsea contractor in the region with more than 3 decades of track record in the offshore construction market. SEA is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Malaysian based Sapura Energy Berhad. We are currently seeking an experienced Design Engineer to join the team, to work across multiple clients.
Generally, the main responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Detailed understanding of design drafting using 2D and 3D tools;
- Be an active team player that can focus, and delivery quality CAD drawings / Material take off's on schedule in a positive manner.
- Diligent detailed checker of both one's own works as well as other drafting resources' work both internal with group and external.
- Understanding of the processes of subsea-installation and the installation of offshore facilities adopting marine spreads;
- May require local and overseas travel from time to time to perform on site drafting surveys, interface with fabricators and inspections of major fabricated equipment and interface with client representatives;
- Requires the ability to work without the need for direct supervision.
- Liaise with projects personnel to gather data on project requirements and schedules;
- Develop installation and design concepts in conjunction with project personnel and design engineers;
- Produce CAD drawings, including installation story boards, temporary works, installation aids, vessel layouts and general structural drawings.
- Ensure technical correctness and compliance with standard procedures and design basis;
- Ensure that schedules are met in accordance with project requirements;
- Develop and upgrade Sapura standard practices to meet or exceed the expectations of the project requirements and corporate HSE;
- Assist in the technical preparation of bid and tender packages;
- Report design progress for all design documents so that actual progress can be monitored with respect to the program;
- Meet regularly with management to report progress and areas of concern;
- Sign drawings involving direct input as either the developer of the drawing or the checker, in accordance with company procedures and processes.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5 to 8 years' experience in the engineering and construction industry
- Strong adherence to deadlines, ability to prioritize tasks and keen eye for details
- Experience in AutoCAD and Solidworks software programs.
- Experience using Share point or other collaboration platform
- Previous involvement in major and large-scale submissions
- Previous experience in the O&G industry
Sapura Australia ensures equal employment opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment. As such, Sapura Australia encourages indigenous Australians to apply.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.