Safety advisor graduate / cadet program
Cape prides itself on being one of Australia's leading Utility Installation and Mining Services Companies with over 30 years' experience. We provide innovative and cost effective solutions to clients in the resources, infrastructure and utilities sectors. We are industry leaders in Mobile Crushing & Screening, TSF construction, Mine Site Serves and ROM Management.
Cape aims to provide safe, timely and cost effective project delivery every time. We are committed to building teams that deliver a superior customer advantage through operational strength, managerial expertise and innovative thinking.
We are currently seeking newly qualified Safety professionals to join our team in a newly developed program.
Reporting to the HSEQT Manager you will learn all facets of the business, both from an operational and safety perspective. This is an exciting opportunity to learn all aspects of the technical and HSE requirements of the job and assist employees to ensure a safe working environment. We are looking for an employee who will promote a positive health and safety culture in the workplace and reiterate safety importance.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Work in an operational capacity, whilst gaining specific operational licences and qualifications.
- Continue your HSEQ development by with ongoing training and courses
- Travel to regional areas and site work. (The program may include some FIFO work)
- Assist with the training of employees to comply with legislation and company policies and industry practices
- Monitoring and reviewing protective and preventative safety measures
- Supporting our risk assessments and determine how risk can be reduced.
- Confidently conducting random & just cause Drug & Alcohol testing.
- Assisting in the development and facilitation of pre-start, Toolbox and other site required group meetings.
- Supporting the HSE team as required.
You will need to possess the following to be successful in this position:
- Newly gained qualifications in a Safety or Environment capacity
- If less than degree qualified, sound knowledge of the mining, civil construction & utilities industries
- Willing to work metro with potential site travel, possibly moving into a FIFO role in time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential,
- You will be highly motivated and able to adhere to strict deadlines and work in a dynamic team environment
- Current First Aid Accreditation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation and ability to interpret
- Good time management skills and ability to perform duties under pressure
- General HSE administration duties as required
- Current drivers license ( C Class Manual)
What Cape offers YOU
- A 2 year development program
- Long term career opportunities
- Work with some of Australia's industry leaders.
If you meet the above criteria and are looking for a new career opportunity we are looking forward to hearing from you. Please submit your application using the 'Apply' button below.