Aps 5/6 - project support officer
Edinburgh SA $73,636 - $92,150 a year
- $73,636 - $92,150 (plus super)
- Barton & Russell, ACT
The Joint Command and Control Branch in Information Warfare Division, Joint Capabilities Group is accountable to the Capability Manager, Chief of Joint Capabilities (CJC), for the developing and managing the ADF’s Joint Command and Control (C2) capability. The Joint Command and Control program will deliver the future Joint C2 capability to the ADF.
The APS5/6 Project Support Officer roles are accountable for the following functions within Joint C2 Directorate:
- Provide operational support to project management functions within the Joint C2 directorate, and facilitate project administrative and coordination requirements.
- Lead the development and maintenance of project planning and processes in accordance with agreed project procedures.
- Use experience to apply project management methodologies to administrative and technical activities.
- Provide input and support contract management, finance and Branch coordination activities.
- Develop policy papers, briefing papers and other briefings for Defence Committees.
- Develop and apply subject matter knowledge in Defence capabilities and Joint C2 systems to Defence future plans and strategic portfolio management considerations.
- Brief stakeholders on project status and considerations.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders on Joint C2 capabilities.
An ideal candidate will demonstrate high-level verbal and written communication skills and the ability to complete work to a high standard within set timeframes independently under broad direction or as part of a team. The successful candidate will be capable of demonstrating an understanding of the role of the Department of Defence and the Australian Defence Force in a national and international context.
Demonstrated ability to develop subject matter knowledge and understanding of complex systems, processes and organisations in within compressed timeframes is essential.