SmartWard is a young and dynamic enterprise looking to extend our team developing clinical support systems for the Australian and international market. We are seeking to complement our team with an experienced and versatile DevOps Engineer to work closely with our team of Software Engineers. We are offering:
- a great team and friendly atmosphere,
- involvement in an exciting new venture with a worthwhile mission,
- a mature software development process,
- flexible working hours.
You will be self-driven and come with solid experience in both AWS as well as Continuous Integration. This will include:
- working with our team of software engineers to build the application,
- deploying the application and related components to AWS cloud infrastructure in a repeatable and automated manner,
- building/configuring tools to monitor the deployments,
- documenting operational procedures in accordance with our ISO 9001 quality management system.
We would like to hear from you if you
- have 3+ years experience as a Software Engineer and/or 3+ years as a DevOps Engineer,
- have proven experience with CI/CD solutions, such as Jenkins or others, not just support but exposure to configuration of deployment pipelines,
- have extensive experience with cloud infrastructure, in particular AWS, and associated technologies, such as Docker,
- are creative, focussed and motivated with great attention to detail,
- have extensive experience with IT operations and the potential to lead the expansion of this capability over time,
- have excellent communication skills and strong problem solving abilities,
- have the desire to excel in what you do,
- are able to work unsupervised,
- work effectively as part of a team.
Furthermore, we highly value:
- higher-level degree/Masters,
- demonstration of personal public open-source projects,
- experience with micro-service architectures.
Please attach a cover letter describing why you are interested in the position and why you are the best choice for our business. Also, please write a short answer to the following questions (100 to 200 words for each):
- What is your favourite scripting language? Why?
- What are the pros and cons of continuous deployment?
- In your opinion, what is the most underrated day-to-day DevOps tool that you just could not do without?
- In your experience, what parts of DevOps are frequently overlooked or neglected? What would you not compromise on?