The Finance and Business Support Division supports the department to be efficient, effective and financially sustainable. The division provides financial and management advice and support to the department, the offices of the minister and assistant ministers and to industry stakeholders. The division delivers on business objectives through the provision of high quality customer service, advice and support and a nationally consistent approach to business, with consideration to the Government’s fiscal objectives and the department’s imperative to maintain financial sustainability.
The Industry Support Branch plays a key role in the management of agricultural levies and ensures the departments cost-recovered services are efficient, transparent, modern and sustainably funded. The branch regularly reviews supporting policies and frameworks to ensure robust allocation and recovery of costs are incurred between budget releases. The key responsibilities of the branch include managing all aspects of the External Budget Secitons process, cost recovery policy, legislation, administration and stakeholder management.
The External Budgets team provides executive support and coordination of governance activities for the division, including coordination of Senate Estimates briefings, responses to questions on notice, the divisions Executive Management Committee obligations, input to the departments Annual Report, ensuring that question time briefs are maintained and other administrative support activities as necessary.
The Divisional Coordinator has a range of responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
• providing day-to-day communications with divisional staff, particularly SES managers
• maintaining records and correspondence related to the departments management frameworks and Senate Estimates
• assisting with the development of agency reporting, particularly the divisions contribution to the Annual Report
• maintaining records and correspondence
• assisting in the development of policy and procedures
• assisting in the compilation of Executive reports
• monitoring workflows, and setting and achieving milestones
• maintain professional relationships with internal stakeholders. In particular, maintaining a close working relationship with divisional SES and their Executive Assistants is critical
• other administrative duties as directed from time to time.
Please note: The job often has tight timelines and some work may be required outside normal work hours to meet peak work demands, such as during Senate Estimates hearings.
Knowledge and experience
• Good understanding of governance processes, such as Senate Estimates, the Annual Report and management committees is essential.
• An ability to quickly develop an understanding of the departments policies and programs would be an advantage.
Skills and capabilities
• Excellent administration skills
• Good time management skills
• Good verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to build strong internal working relationships
This position requires a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance at this level. To be eligible for employment with the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources, an applicant must be an Australian citizen. An applicant's suitability for employment with the department will be assessed through a pre-employment screening process. This process includes a requirement for the applicant to undergo and satisfy a National Police Check, referee checks, character clearance and where relevant a pre-employment medical assessment, specified mandatory qualification(s) validation and a period of 6 months probation. Any applicant that, in the course of their work, requires unescorted access within an aviation or maritime security zone will be required to obtain and maintain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) or Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC).
Candidate Information Package - PDF Opens in new window
Candidate Information Package - docx Opens in new window
Duty Statement Opens in new window