Our Client is seeking an experienced Events professional to join their Darwin based team.Your new company
This healthcare-focused federal government agency are actively working on a major projects nationwide.
Due to ever increasing growth, they are currently recruiting for an APS5 Events Officer for a temporary contract until June 30th.
Your new role
Working alongside the Assistant Director and other members of the Event Management and Logistics Team you will be responsible for:
What you'll need to succeed
- Coordinating the preparation and logistics of a range of events for the organisation including sessions, forums, conferences and webinars. Providing local logistical event management as required.
- Identifying opportunities to represent the organisation in interactions with key stakeholders and public facing events.
- Liaising with, and helping to coordinate, external suppliers in accordance with Agency deadlines, resources, budgets and contracts.
- Mentoring and supervising support team members to achieve agreed goals,
identifying training needs and encouraging career development.
Demonstrated experience in events management, stakeholder engagement, facilitation and
communication as well as:
What you'll get in return
- Positive contemporary attitudes to people with disability.
- Adaptable communication and interpersonal skills.
- Has experience in building relationships both with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to engage in negotiation if dealing with external providers.
- Competency, or ability to develop competency, in consistently applying assessment tools to identify
- support needs.
- Competency with IT systems.
You will have the chance to join one of the countries most exciting organisations which are making a real difference in peoples lives.
What you need to do now
- Excellent hourly rate
- Full time hours- 37.5 per week
- Great opportunity to travel and be a part of a dynamic and supportive team.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
Alternatively email your CV directly on **************@hays.com.au or call on 0889436***
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.