Lead flowline & tie-in engineer
Our client is currently looking for a Lead Flowline & Tie-in Engineer to manage the design and procurement of flowlines and tie-ins within the Umbilicals, Risers and Flowlines (URF) Group throughout the execution phase. In this role you will act as URF Technical Authority to resolve technical queries and technical issues arising during the execution of the Contract in relation to the URF scope.
Your primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting all activities in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the Company's policies and procedures
- The implementation of a correct and complete engineering, procurement and manufacturing scope for the flowlines, in-line structures and tie-ins
- Providing support to the URF Group for the design, procurement and fabrication of flowlines, in-line structures and tie-ins systems area through the execution phase
- Support installation and pre-commissioning activities
- Representing URF Group on technical flowlines and tie-ins systems at both internal and external meetings
- Providing reporting function towards URF Manager for all flowlines, in-line structures and tie-ins systems activities
- Reviewing and commenting on internal Company Project documentation and external Consultant/Contractor project documentation
- Become thoroughly conversant with Project documentation, specifications and procedures
- Monitoring all facets of flowlines, in-line structures and tie-ins systems work to ensure that Project schedule, budget and technical requirements have, as a minimum, been met or improved upon
- Bring to earliest attention of URF Manager any flowlines, in-line structures and tie-ins systems issues which present a significant threat to the URF Package and offer mitigating measures/work plan
Our client is a global market leader within the energy sector with projects in over 30 countries worldwide. Here in Australia, they are involved in one of the largest LNG projects with operations spanning exploration, production and downstream. Join this exciting project and be part of a world renowned company.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Tertiary Engineering Degree (or equivalent) along with demonstrated EPCI Subsea Projects experience within the Oil & Gas industry
- Current working knowledge in line pipe material selection issues, CRA utilisation in clad/lined line pipe solutions and subsea flowline connector/tie-in systems
- Proven track record holding similar position with other Projects for the design, manufacture, installation and pre-commissioning of subsea flowlines fabricated from both carbon steel and CRA linepipe materials
- High awareness of safe working practices on offshore construction projects
- Willing to travel as required for business both domestically and overseas
- Computer literate
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.