Mine geologist - open pit
Mine Geologist – Open Pit
About the Role
Mining Plus is currently seeking a Mine Geologist to join our Contract Mining team. Reporting to the Senior Mine Geologist, the key responsibilities in this role will be to ensure all geological information required for developing, planning and operating the business is acquired, captured, modelled and interpreted in accordance with the Company standards and timeframes. The role also requires a high level of geological support to a small technical team and work alongside the Senior Mine Geologist to execute improvement projects and foster a close working relationships with technical staff and contractor personnel
It is essential that the applicant has experience in Open Pit mines. The candidate will need to have full working rights in Australia.
The role is full-time, on a 8/6 roster based out of Perth.
To be considered for this position you will need to apply directly via the link below. Applicants who apply using the Seek option may not be seen.
- Design and supervise grade control drilling programmes to accurately delineate the orebody ahead of mining
- Provide sectional interpretation of grade control data and produce polygon and wireframe models
- Mark-up and supervise ore extraction to maximise recovery and minimise ore loss and dilution
- Produce geological and geotechnical maps and logs for use in grade control and mine planning
- Design and supervise blast vector monitoring
- Liaise with the Process Foreman and provide stockpile management to optimise the blend into the Process Plant
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reports on ore block and bench reconciliation, pit geology and grade drivers
- Communicate geological, geotechnical and grade information to site technical, management and contract personnel to assist with mine planning and in achieving production targets
- Ensure ore is extracted to maximise recovery and minimise ore loss and dilution.
- Adhere to site and department safe work procedures, including Task Hazard Observations
You will also
- Strive to instil a safety culture in Geological Technicians and other pit personnel
- Supervise and train Geological Technicians
- Monitor QAQC
- Deputise for Senior Mine Geologist when required
You will have:
- Minimum BSc. Geology or Applied Geology
- +2 yrs industry experience (Essential)
- Experience with gold and/or open pit mining (Essential)
- Proficiency with Surpac (preferred) software (Essential)
- A sound understanding of mining processes in open pit
- A good understanding of ore-forming processes
- A sound understanding of 3D modelling techniques, data management and validation processes
- A strong command of the English language in both verbal and written form.
- Legal entitlement to live and work in Australia.
- A positive “can-do” attitude.