Business development manager transport
As Australia's largest Member organisation, The National Roads & Motorists' Association (NRMA) provides a range of services for our Members and the community. Be a part of the ongoing success of one of Australia’s most iconic organisations and feel the buzz of real job satisfaction as you work with talented professionals in a collaborative environment where people come first.
The opportunity we present is as a Senior Transport Business Development Manager. The NRMA is moving to establish itself as a service provider within the transport and tourism sectors. This role will lead the development of transportation initiatives for the NRMA.
- Build relationships with potential stakeholders (Government, commercial and others) to help source potential opportunities or who could be potential ongoing partners
- Create an overarching plan to win the chosen business development opportunity including stakeholder communication and target plans
- Develop and execute pre-tender activities to influence and shape the market to support the NRMA and our competitive proposition
- Develop processes and procedures within the business to support success in a competitive tender process including operational transport concessions, service level contracts (e.g. vehicle towing) and holiday park operation
- Work with the Stakeholder Relations team to position the NRMA as a thought leader on transportation policy through the development of primary research, the creation of thought leadership and public communication
- Tertiary level qualifications (e.g. bachelor degree) in a relevant discipline
- Extensive experience including 8 years+ experience in a similar role
- Strategic thinking and assessment
- Strong ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- An understanding of government processes (inc. tenders) associated with unsolicited and industry-led proposals.
- Ability to set targets, monitor program contribution to these goals and refine accordingly.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly in writing and in oral presentations to a range of audiences
- Senior and advance leadership to motivate and then manage and implement strategy, processes, people and budgets within a matrix environment
- Strong coaching skills and demonstrated leadership ability
- Knowledge of the Australian tourism sector
- Previous experience in the public sector
We offer a competitive remuneration and our benefits include 50% discount on insurance and free NRMA Premium Care Membership. Our Member magazine is the most widely read magazine in NSW, and our Membership program NRMA Blue delivers value to Members with transport, tourism and entertainment benefits that really matter.
We are proudly diverse and are committed to fostering an inclusive culture where all people are valued, respected and able to contribute their talents to drive organisational performance. We encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.