Technical claims specialist
Sydney NSW Gallagher Bassett Services Pty Ltd is Australia’s largest Third-Party Administrator (TPA). Our focus is refreshingly simple: We manage insurance claims on behalf of insurers, brokers, government bodies and self-insured organisations, helping people who have suffered a loss or damage get back to work and their life.
We are proud to be named on the Ethisphere Institute’s 2019 World’s Most Ethical Companies list for the eighth consecutive year.
Corporate Services Network (CSN), recently acquired by Gallagher Bassett, is seeking an experienced Technical Claims Specialist to join our team.
The Position Based in our Sydney Office, the primary purpose of this position is to provide technical claims direction and guidance on key claims matters. This role directly reports to the Operations Manager with on going liaison and claims advice to all claim’s assessors. Further responsibilities will include:
- Provide advice on managing claims proactively and in line with company, insurer and broker requirements
- Clear, concise and timely communication with clients
- Monitor compliance with improved processes and systems to support growth strategies
- Contribute to the development of, and then monitor, customer service standards that meet market best practice
- Provide regular seminar sessions for staff
- Interpret policy wordings and apply accurately
- Identify claims issues and make recommendations as necessary
- Comply with the General Insurance Code of Practice and Insurance Contract Act.
- Liaise with Stage 2 IDR Panels and External Dispute Resolution Panels
- Act as a reference for complex claims and procedures
- Develop and contribute to best practices
- Conduct random audits
To be successful, you will have Tertiary qualifications preferably in a Law and/or Health Science, Applied Science or Medical Science related discipline. We are looking for someone with strong claims and / or insurance specific experience, a clear understanding of regulatory compliance and the ability to make accurate judgment and decisions. You will have a high level of verbal and written communications skills coupled with excellent time management and the ability to use your initiative and be proactive.
As part of the recruitment process candidates may be required to attend a company funded pre-employment medical.
What we can offer you:
- Staff benefits program with a wide range of discounts on offer
- Flexible work hours
- Staff referral incentive
- Opportunities for ongoing education and development
- Service recognition awards to celebrate your contribution to the company
- Employee assistance program for yourself and your immediate family members
- Personal touches like weekly fruit bowls and birthday celebrations
- The opportunity to work for a company that gives back to the community through our Gentle Bear program
Do you think you can make an impact to our business? We want to hear from you today, click on Apply for this Job.
Gallagher Bassett is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Indigenous Australian applicants are encouraged to apply. As a member of the Diversity Council Australia, we recognise the importance of, and embrace diversity in the workplace.
You will need to have the right to work in this country to be eligible for employment with Gallagher Bassett Services. Agency applicants will not be considered for this role.