Malt barley merchant
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive – a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, inclusive and supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. Your Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the Malt Australia team as a Malt Barley Merchant, based in our Melbourne CBD office. Reporting to the Regional Merchandising Manager, you will be a key player responsible for managing pricing, trading and merchandising barley to achieve positive outcomes for the Malt business and overall PnL.
You will be well-organised with strong analytical skills and confident enough to question the status quo. Your background in commodity trading and merchandising with an understanding of production, logistics and supply chain management will be well regarded and help you thrive in the role. Your strengths in managing customer relations, resolving conflicts and commercial negotiations will be critical to the success of the role. Responsibilities
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
All about youExperience and skills
- Purchasing specified quality malting barley for Malt’s Australian assets at favorable price.
- Managing the execution of raw material Contracts and identify arbitrage opportunities through Sales & Operations process;
- Managing the barley position, through quantitative assessment of the supply and demand risks, to meet merchandising’s financial targets;
- Managing the pricing supply risk of malting barley sales and coordinate execution of the of overall Supply chain to deliver cost effective solutions;
- Develop and promote sustainable supply sources that are consistent with our customer requirements, and champion sustainability initiatives across the business;
- Develop and maintain commercial relationships with service providers/suppliers;
- Analyze and report on barley variety, quality factors and concerns within the Malt team. Work closely with Malt production and quality teams to ensure inbound barley procurement matches production needs;
- Develop Malt’s origination program, including collaborating with the AWB to formulate and execute origination game plans;
- Tertiary qualifications in Agriculture, Economics or a Business discipline;
- Around 5 -10 yrs experience in trading and risk management, merchandising, cash contracts;
- Proven track record in managing positions and supply chain;
- Excellent problem solving and conflict management skills;
- Strong contract negotiation and customer relationship skills;
- Comprehensive understanding of the malt/grain industry desired;
- Ability & willingness to take independent decisions and considered risk;
- Sound judgement and the ability to operate under pressure;
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Competent with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, Outlook);
- Ability to work flexible hours as per the business needs;
If you have a genuine desire to learn and develop your skills in barley trading/merchandising, this is an exciting opportunity to join a stable, supportive and inclusive team. Please ‘Apply’ now.
Applications close on Wednesday, 18 Sept 2019. Cargill is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All applications are treated with strict confidentiality.