Position : Full Time
Salary : $50,000 - $60,000
Location : Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
Flexicut Engineering is seeking the full-time employment of a fully qualified Mechanical Engineer.
Flexicut service the aerospace, automotive, mining, defence, agriculture, tooling, automation and motorsport industries. We offer employees a world of challenging projects while gaining valuable experience and a wealth of knowledge.
We need a talented engineer to join our team who is up for a challenge and isn't afraid to work hard to deliver the best results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To be successful in this position you will need the following qualifications and experience:
- Define and develop CNC manufacturing programs and process work instructions
- Ability and experience in CAD/CAM to setup CNC machines using Mazak controller, Mastercam or similar.
- Liaise with clients and Operations during the preliminary design stage to accurately determine the customer requirements from a technical perspective
- Interpret detailed engineering drawings and specifications and CAD files
- Design and provide technical specifications, drawings and instructions concerning materials, machining and quality inspections plans
- Prepare production schedules and cost estimations including material and labour planning
- Supervise the design and manufacturing processes ensuring optimum machine and labour utilisation
- Automate, develop and implement machining processes for new products that meet the close tolerance specification and scheduled need dates, while optimizing quality, safety and efficiency of the production
- Undertake the general maintenance of tools and machinery on regular basis and manage maintenance schedules
As a valued member of the team, we can offer you:
- Mechanical Engineering Bachelor's degree (or similar) or relevant trade qualifications
- Minimum 2 years experience as a mechanical engineer in a manufacturing or precision engineering industry
- Experience in low volume, high complexity manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication and technical expertise in mechanical engineering
- Passionate and willingness to learn quickly
- Permanent Full-time position
- Immediate start for the right candidate
- Dandenong location
- Long-term career opportunity
- Competitive salary reflecting skill level
- Training and diversification provided
Please send your resume and a detailed cover letter meeting the key criteria and why you want to work for Flexicut Engineering.