Tafe teacher - painting and decorating
Gold Coast Location
Temporary Full Time up to and including 4 December 2020 unless otherwise determined.
TAFE Queensland Gold Coast is looking for someone who can bring their core industry skills into the classroom and inspire the next generation of painters and decorators. You will find that branching into teaching will give you that much desired work/life balance as well as job satisfaction knowing that you are shaping the future of the industry.
This position will involve classroom delivery, workplace visits and monitoring student progress. You are responsible for maintaining records for compliance and developing materials and practical activities to best prepare students for working in the industry.
Liaison with employers, industry groups and other organisations will ensure we are meeting industry needs and promote our services to potential students.
- Display teaching competence/ability to acquire teaching competence.
- Lead and manage teaching and learning for the classroom, industry, distance and web-based clients.
- Utilise flexible, blended and distributed learning techniques, options and products to meet the changing needs of various client groups.
- Develop effective working relationships with students, client groups and staff by participating in team meetings, industry reference groups, student events and Regional forums.
- Ensure that students/clients develop and practice accepted safety procedures in a learning environment.
- Contribute to research and planning/programming, development, implementation and review of subjects/courses.
- Participate in appropriate staff development programs to develop and maintain currency of personal and professional skills, knowledge and attitudes.
- Develop and implement assessment processes and tools that meet occupational skills standards (i.e. endorsed components from National Training Packages) and participate in validation and moderation activities relating to assessment processes and practices.
- Vocational competencies at least to the level being delivered and assessed;
- CPC30611 – Certificate III in Painting and Decorating or equivalent painting qualification;
- Possession of one of the following training and assessment credentials:
- TAE40116 - Certificate IV in Training and Assessment;
- TAE40110 - Certificate IV in Training and Assessment plus TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills and TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools;
- TAE50111 - Diploma of Vocational Education and Training;
- TAE50116 - Diploma of Vocational Education and Training; or its successor;
- TAE50211 - Diploma of Training Design and Development;
- TAE50216 - Diploma of Training Design and Development, or its successor;
- Higher-level qualification in adult education (approved by TAFE Queensland).
- Current industry skills directly relevant to the training and assessment being provided;
- Current knowledge and skills in vocational training and learning that informs the training and assessment provided;
- Evidence of undertaking professional development in the fields of the knowledge and practice of vocational training, learning and assessment including competency-based training and assessment;
- Working with Children Check (Blue Card). Confirmation of employment is conditional upon the preferred applicant being issued with a Blue Card. For further information, please access the Public Safety Business Agency's Blue Card Services: http://www.bluecard.qld.gov.au/.
NOTE: Proof of qualification and industry currency/experience will be required at interview.
Want to join us:
To be considered for this role, please provide the following information for the panel to assess your suitability:
- A current detailed resume which identifies your exact qualifications and experience;
- A Covering letter of no more than one (1) page describing how your skills, experience, qualifications and achievements relate to this position.
Applications will be accepted until close of business:
Friday 27 September 2019
For any additional information regarding this opportunity please contact:
Chris Martyr, Educational Team Manager
07 55818 ***