The Test Analyst is responsible for developing and executing test procedures to ensure our software products are fit for purpose, and meets the standards that are expected from our customers:
Duties and responsibilities:
- Analysis of business/functional requirements and architectural specifications to establish test conditions, scenarios and design detailed test cases
- Ensure test coverage for the change, critical functionality, regression and end to end testing
- Manual execution of test cases via Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) and API testing via Postman, SOAP UI etc
- Raise defects found during test and escalating in accordance with set procedures
- Track progress of allocated test designs and test cases to ensure testing deadlines are met
- Work with customers to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve technical issues, taking ownership until a solution is reached
- Ability to manage project team’s expectations around testing in a fast-paced delivery environment
We are looking for someone who has:
- University Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline and/or minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Broad understanding of software engineering concepts and latest technologies.
- Outstanding time-management skills.
- Testing experience on desktop, cloud and hardware platforms.
- Strong problem identification and solving skills.
What makes a successful Test Analyst?
- ISTQB Foundation Level certification is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in the use of formal test techniques such as EP and BVA
- Proficient in writing Test Plans and Test Summary Reports
- Practical knowledge of test progress reporting and also defect management through to resolution
- Confident to work autonomously without the direct guidance of a Test Lead
To be successful in this role ideally you would have exposure to working in agile projects, activities such as daily stand-ups, sprint planning, estimates and retrospectives. A willingness to learn test automation and new technologies will be key to your success.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, please click Apply. For further information please contact Hasan Sadiq via email ***********@odysseygaming.com