Are you ready to join the global leader in engineering and industrial software? You’ll be part of a team that drives digital transformation to over 16,000 customers across the globe and strives for excellence every day.
There are 4,700 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
AVEVA is a global leader in engineering and industrial software driving digital transformation across the entire asset and operational life cycle of capital-intensive industries.
The company’s engineering, planning and operations, asset performance, and monitoring and control solutions deliver proven results to over 16,000 customers across the globe. Its customers are supported by the largest industrial software ecosystem, including 4,200 partners and 5,700 certified developers. AVEVA is headquartered in Cambridge, UK, with over 4,400 employees at 80 locations in over 40 countries.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reports to: Senior Manager, Software Product Development
The Software Developer's primary responsibility is to play an active role in the continuous development of AVEVA’s "MES for Digital Mining Operations" software solution for AVEVA's Industrial Software Platform.
AVEVA is the world's leading engineering IT software provider to the EPC, plant, power and mining industries. AVEVA’s software products provide integrated management solutions used by 80% of top global mining companies.
In this role you will develop next generation capabilities for AVEVA's AMPLA product, from feature inception through to product release. As a developer within the team you will be expected to have experience developing full stack .NET solutions, including a working understanding of related architectures, design principles, coding patterns and best practices. The role requires good communication and team skills, and commitment to help drive sprints and eventually projects to successful outcomes.
Previous experience of working highly structured Agile development environments would be preferable, as would work in a global multi-site, multi-cultural organization. This role is based in Brisbane with some opportunities for occasional travel.
• Working as part of a broader team to translate product requirements into feature design, code architecture and tested code, ensuring the timely delivery of end to end solutions to the highest quality standards.
• Deliver code meeting high standards of engineering excellence, including maintainability, testability, security, scalability and performance optimization.
• Proactive team collaboration throughout full agile development lifecycle, including sprint planning, task breakdown and estimating, backlog maintenance, ‘stand up’ meetings, and sprint retrospectives. Effective engagement with geo-distributed team members, product owners and other key stakeholders.
• Should be prepared to travel nationally and internationally as needed when the role requires it. Travel is expected to be infrequent and of short duration.
Competencies, Knowledge and Experience
It is expected that the successful candidate will possess all of the following skills:
• Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or numerate subject
• Minimum 4 years hands-on code development experience, with at least 2 years of experience using Microsoft development tools, languages, and current platforms.
• Design, develop and deliver full stack product features, using your deep expertise in C#, .NET, WPF/WCF, SQL, SignalR and other Microsoft technologies. Experience with Unit Test frameworks like NUnit and MoQ desirable.
• Experience with a variety of coding patterns/technologies, such as MVC/MVVM, DI/IOC, MsgBrokers/ESB, SOA/REST, LINQ, XML/JSON, Azure PaaS.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people, including Product Owners, Testers, Training & Product Support
• Strong understanding of Agile development principles, and experience contributing as a key member of a dynamic agile team, including participation over entire scrum/sprint lifecycles (using relevant tools), CI retrospectives, and backlog/story grooming activities.
Who you are:
• You are a highly driven and confident Software Developer who enjoys working in a dynamic team that values driving engineering excellence through continuous improvement.
• You are technically curious, continually learning and exploring how to effectively leverage emerging technologies.
• You are customer focused, thrive in collaborative environments, and have the passion and pride of a craftsman around the work you deliver.
• You understand and embrace the challenges of building business critical software products for global customers.
An attractive package is available for the right candidate commensurate of experience.
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
Concerning agencies: AVEVA does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.