Production /fabrication supervisor
As the Production / Fabrication Supervisor, reporting to the Operations Manager, you will provide day-to-day supervision of the shop to ensure all works are delivered in a safe, timely manner, and to specification.
- Manage through your department to ensure quality work is carried out safely, accurately and to scope of work and budgets.
- Scheduling day-to-day activities of boilermakers, welders & fitters.
- Provide leadership and direction to assigned labour.
- Procure, organise and arrange materials.
- Stock Control
- Quality control – including finished product inspection
- Co-ordinate works through the production sequence from material processing to fabrication, assembly and subsequent surface treatment
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience at a Supervisory level
- Mechanical Trade Qualification
- Welding Supervisor Certificate (desirable/highly regarded)
- Experience with fabrication/welding of diverse works ranging from structural, Heavy Fabrication, Pressure vessels, Certified welding, Quality finishing and a thorough understanding of welding best practice and procedures.
- Strong Ability to interpret and communicate technical drawing.
- Project management skills with experience in communicating with all levels of production from office in design to workshop in production.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in line with schedules/forecasts
- Understand employee relations requirements
- Sound management and interpersonal skills
Ability to work overtime as required.
Pay rate will be determined by qualification and experience.
This position offers the opportunity to go permanent for the right candidate
If you are suitable for this position, please email your resume to *********@mobileconveyors.com.au or to find out more information, contact our office on 1300 665 409.