Technical services superintendent | underground copper mine | residential nyngan
- Aeris Resources is an established copper mining and exploration ASX listed company with headquarters in Brisbane, QLD
- Aeris has two underground copper mines (Tritton and Murrawombie) near Nyngan, NSW and a 1.8 million tonne/yr processing plant
- The mines are deep level, high tonnage stoping operations and are currently the largest of its type in NSW
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on performance and affect change every day
- The chance to live locally and to be home with your family every night
Reporting to the Mine Manager, the Technical Services Superintendent will lead a small but effective team of Mining and Geotechnical Engineers, Geologists and Surveyors. You will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and managing all aspects of technical services support onsite to provide clear direction to both mine operations and commercial functions.
- Oversee medium and long-term planning and scheduling for both operating mines including Life of Mine and statutory mineral reserve reporting.
- Continually monitor, analyse and improve performance and systems.
- Plan, budget and implement operational improvement projects.
- Provide cost control guidance, cost comparisons against budget and assist in the creation of an accurate mine budget.
- High degree of autonomy and ability to make a difference
- Operations experience within an underground environment
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Extensive experience in a similar role in underground metalliferous mining
- Experience in minerals reserve reporting
- Tertiary education in Mining Engineering or related discipline
- Mine Managers certification would be advantageous