Network consulting engineer - operational technology - project
Our client is looking for an experienced cisco centric project focussed Network Consulting Engineer / Architect who has solid experience across Operational Technology network design and implementation. The role will require the successful individual to assist the end client achieve their business goals by accelerating network projects and contributing to leading practices in network design.
- Participates in or leads Operational Technology network design, implementation, migration, performance engineering or problem resolution projects.
- Solves complex, cross-functional issues that involve many technologies across Operational Technology and Information Technology.
- Applies good analytic processes to help bring any issue to resolution.
- Guide other consultants and engineers, resolving challenges and ensuring customer success.
- Be able to work with customer's operations, engineering and architecture teams, and build relationship with key customer stakeholders, and become a trusted advisor.
- Review industrial network designs and provide recommendations on areas for improvement.
- Provide expert support of Cisco routing and switching platforms.
Requirements for the role:
- Network design skills; examine requirements and provide solutions within the constraints specified.
- Design of large-scale resilient networks and associated protocols such as OSPF, BGP, GRE, IPsec, MPLS, IPv6, Quality of Service, IP multicast, NAT, etc.
- Industrial Network Protocols, one of PROFINET, MODBUS, Ethernet/IP or similar protocol.
- Good knowledge of security - network device security, AAA, IPSec
- Technical knowledge and operation/implementation experience of Cisco Industrial routers and switches.
- Basic programming/scripting skill, Python experience is preferred.
- Very capable technical document writer.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- Experience with project delivery methodologies.
- Approachable personality, good at building trust
- Professional Services experience is highly preferred.
- Confidence to lead discussions with customers about recommendations on their network operations, implementation, changes and design
- CCIE - highly regarded
This role will be an initial 6 month contract with multiple extensions. Please send through a copy of your resume for immediate consideration. Additionally feel free to call Liz for a confidential discussion on 03 8330 5*** for more information. I am based in Melbourne however the role is in Perth.