Drill fitter / heavy diesel fitter / fifo / 2:1
McKay Drilling is an industry leading WA based, family owned and operated drilling company located in Wangara. We are seeking exceptional Drill Fitters.
You will responsible for maintaining and servicing all forms of automotive/mechanical vehicles and machinery relating to efficient operation of drilling equipment and associated ancillary equipment.
The successful candidates will perform the work on the Company's assets in a safe, planned and effective manner. As a key team member, you will work collaboratively with Maintenance and the Operations departments.
- Maintain and repair exploration drill rigs, vehicles, MTU, CAT and Cummins motors and equipment;
- Thorough and meticulous completion of all maintenance records and documentation;
- Record and manage movement in and out of associated mechanical spare parts;
- Ensure a thorough and regular maintenance plan is implemented and maintained to allow efficient and reliable operation of all vehicles and machinery including associated ancillary equipment.
- Maintain stock records relating to mechanical repairs and identify stock requirements.
This is a FIFO role, ex Perth on a 2 week on 1 week off roster. You will be working 12 hour days, based on both exploration and mine sites.
- Solid experience as a Heavy-Duty Diesel Mechanic;
- Experience working with RC, Diamond drill rigs;
- Knowledge of Sullair and Hurricane compressed air systems, welding, electrical, fitting, design, and drilling;
- Canbus systems diagnosis and good understanding of electrical systems;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- General computing knowledge;
- Service focused with attention to detail, time management and strong team work ethic;
- Work unsupervised and adhere to WHS&T requirements.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Heavy Duty Mechanical Trade/Plant Mechanic Qualification (Australian recognised) or equivalent
- Current police clearance
- Candidate must be able to pass a McKay Drilling pre-employment medical in addition to any legislatively required or Client based medicals and/or clearance.