Provisional or general registration psychologist, or occupational therapist
MAX Solutions is committed to improving the lives of others. Providing employment, health, training and humanitarian services in more than 250 locations around Australia, MAX Solutions invests strongly in the development of our people. We foster strong relationships between staff, clients and the community and are driven to make a difference.
The Health Services Officer (HSO) at MAX Solutions is responsible for linking quality health professional services to occupational goals. Allied Health practitioners are focused on improving jobseeker outcomes and star ratings within their sites. The HSO works in conjunction with a range of stakeholders to deliver health solutions to Government and private industry. A HSO conducts a variety of functions including assessments, individual and group interventions, case reviews, peer support to our stakeholders and sustainability programs with employers.
This is a permanent full-time position for a Psychologist, or Occupational Therapist with mental health experience, who also has current AHPRA registration. The successful person will be working across our 2 x MAX Employment offices in Woodridge and Browns Plains.
- Delivering individual and group discipline specific services, including assessments, clinical intervention, vocational assessments, vocational planning and counselling services (where discipline appropriate) that are consistent with MAX Solutions philosophy and quality standards
- Providing services that are evidence based and solution focused for customers returning to work
- Working as part of an employment team to achieve the goals of the organisation
- Contribute to a multidisciplinary team of allied health professionals
- Performing quality services consistent with the Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business (DESSFB) and Department of Social Services (DSS) contractual and legislative requirements
- Delivering a range of services to external contracts including Occupational Rehabilitation, Employee Assistance programmes and National Panel of Assessors
- Ensuring all administrative requirements are adhered to including written reports, case notes and processes
- Marketing and promotion of MAX Solutions services whilst maintaining a high profile and professional company image
- Developing relationships with key agencies and organisations including community service providers and employers to facilitate positive and effective relationships
- Maintaining professional registration and resources necessary for the provision of discipline specific services
- Maintaining and reporting statistics relating to the provision of services
- Participating in professional development, case review meetings and training as required
- Liaise with external service providers, health professionals and community organisations to increase social inclusion for customers
- Comply with all WHS procedures ensuring that team members including volunteers and contractors abide by all relevant health and safety procedures
- Act as a role model by demonstrating safe work behaviours and report all accidents, incidents or near misses immediately.
Other Discipline Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessments for psychological work capacity including an awareness of multidisciplinary barriers
- Clinical and intellectual testing using psychometric testing where appropriate
- Clinical and vocational counselling for customers returning to work
- Solution focused clinical intervention that links to employment
- Cognitive behavioural therapy and other modes of evidence based practice
- Occupational Rehabilitation and liaison with case managers, worksites and customers
- Employee Assistance Program including counselling and critical incident debriefing.
- Conducting functional capacity assessments (including an awareness of multidisciplinary barriers), ergonomic audits, work site assessments and designing and coordinating graded return to work programs
- Educating customers in safe work practices
- Modifying the work environment to suit the needs of customers to improve their productivity and prevent/minimise injuries or exacerbation of their symptoms
- Delivering individual and group programs and activities to enhance customer independence in everyday activities
- Developing coping strategies for customers in overcoming their mental health challenges
- Improving customers confidence and self-esteem in work and everyday environment
- Liaison with internal multidisciplinary team as well as external medical and community health services.
- A flexible, positive and innovative approach to delivering a range of services
- An understanding of the role employment has in maintaining good health
- An empathetic, supportive and motivating approach and ability to build trust and rapport with people
- A team player, with a demonstrated ability to show initiative possessing a solution focussed, can-do attitude
- A demonstrated ability for innovative thinking to ensure customers are assisted to move forward towards appropriate employment outcomes.
- Have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Be able to demonstrate experience in discipline specific evidenced based assessments and intervention and rehabilitation
- Have a solution focused, evidence based, innovative approach to practice which links to sustainable employment solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work to Key Performance Indicators
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills including ability to work to schedules and reporting deadlines
- Have computer skills including intermediate typing skills.
- Knowledge or experience in employment services or other occupational rehabilitation fields would be highly regarded
- A detailed understanding of barriers to employment and effects of unemployment
- Experience facilitating group interventions will also be highly regarded
- Knowledge of relevant legislation including; anti-discrimination, equal employment opportunity, occupational health and safety, privacy and freedom of information and relevant WorkCover or accident compensation legislation.
Qualifications/Requirements - Mandatory
- Tertiary qualifications in your discipline and current registration with AHPRA is essential
- You are required to continue to engage in professional development activities as defined by the professional registration requirements of the relevant profession
- Hold or have the ability to obtain a current Police Clearance and Blue Card.
Qualifications/Requirements - Preferred but not essential
Diversity and Inclusion
At MAX Solutions we welcome employees from diverse backgrounds and aim to create a work environment where Employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability and religion are valued.
MAX Solutions applies the principles of reasonable adjustment for people with disability. Workplace adjustments are changes introduced into the workplace that take account of a person’s disability so that they can use their skills effectively and access the same benefits, terms or conditions of employment as other employees. If you are a candidate considering a role with MAX Solutions and require a workplace adjustment for this position, please advise the MAX Solutions Recruitment Consultant or contact MAX Solutions Recruitment on 07 3727 1***.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Interested in this opportunity?
Refer this opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: