Trainer assessor - fixed plant operations
Christmas Creek QLD
Fortescue is now consistently producing more than 170 million tonnes of iron ore per year and has an exciting future ahead, establishing itself for future growth in a global market through innovation, product diversification and asset development.
Title: Trainer & Assessor – Fixed Plant Operations
Work location: Christmas Creek
Roster: 8 days on and 6 days off
- Safe and effective delivery of Fixed Plant operations training and assessment
- Development, improvement and collaboration on Fortescue specific training and assessments including verification of competency assessments and site inductions
- Demonstrate initiative and work without supervision and provide innovative solutions for business and training improvement
- Excellent customer service skills are essential
- Facilitate Training presentations
- Administrative and scheduling duties as required
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Current Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment
- Trade Certificate related to maintaining fixed plant equipment (preferred but not essential), or:
- Cert III (or above) Process Plant Operations (preferred but not essential)
- Current HRWL DG, LF & WP - CN (preferred but not essential)
- Current Safe Working at Height, Confined Space Entry, Gas Test Atmospheres, Telescopic Handler, Skid Steer - National Units of Competency
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Ore Processing, technical systems, support mobile equipment and the ability to Train & Assess this content in a professional manner
- Comprehensive computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite and SAP
Our values drive our culture and performance through a strong focus on safety, family and determination. We celebrate and respect people’s differences and commit to providing an inclusive work environment. This is an exciting time to join Fortescue.
We encourage Aboriginal Australians and female candidates to apply.