Scala software engineer
Who is Zip?
People at the ASX call us a ‘Unicorn Fintech Start-up’.
More than 1.5 million Australian shoppers call us ‘an awesome way to make payments’.
Over 14,000 retailers call us ‘a great partner’.
If you have seen our products, you’ll have some idea of the extraordinary work our amazing teams deliver.
We are a fast moving, innovative organisation and pride ourselves on building the best FinTech teams in Sydney.
What are we looking for?
We're on the lookout for a Mid level Scala Engineer to join our newly created Scala squad.
You'll be somebody who loves to get their hands on the newest technologies and loves to formulate innovate solutions to solve tech and customer problems!
About the Zip Tech Team:
We have a talented Tech and Product Team who work together to create the most innovative products in the industry. We use the latest technologies and top tools to be able to move fast and deliver quality results. Always learning, always curious. Collaboration is key in our team.
The team has a learning culture and provide Zipsters with the opportunity to learn, support, collaborate and innovate.
What your day will look like at Zip:
You will thrive in this role if you have:
- Developing of high quality solutions across multiple tech stacks
- Improving the codebase, and making suggestions on where we can improve further
- Helping and supporting when Scala production issues occur
- Contributing to product ideas and delivering from start to finish
- Contributing to continuous improvement and innovation
- Working in a team with a “team first” mentality
Other perks of being a Zipster
- At least 2 years working experience with Scala
- Experience building complex applications in Scala
- Working experience with AWS
- Experience building microservices
- An understanding of infrastructure, testing, and deployment automation
Apart from good vibes, when you join The Zip Fam you’ll also enjoy:
- Flexible working hours
- Our share program, so you can own part of the company you work at
- Free breakfast, fruit, coffee and soft drinks
- Free lunches every Thursday
- A Zip Pay account with no fees and no interest, ever
- Fun team-building experiences
- Heaps of social events, plus Friday drinks
We highly value diversity too! Different cultures, perspectives and points-of-view helps make us successful.
Recruitment agencies: we are not engaging with recruitment agencies for this role and do not accept unsolicited resumes.