certified support worker - shoalhaven region
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
About the opportunity
We have multiple opportunities for permanent part-time Support Workers to join our friendly and supportive Home & Community Care team in Nowra.
Your role will be to assist our ageing clients across the Shoalhaven Region manage their day to day domestic duties. Your support will enable them to live independently in their own home and help them reach their health and lifestyle goals.
Shifts are available Monday to Friday, 7AM to 7PM. It is preferable if you have more than 3 days of availability.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Undertaking of domestic work including but not limited to cleaning, vacuuming, dusting, washing, ironing and meal preparation
- Supervise or assist with daily hygiene such as showering, bathing and toileting
- Travel to multiple locations throughout the Shoalhaven Region to attend to client services
Qualifications & Skills:
Benefits & culture
- Certificate III in Aged Care or equivalent qualification
- Current First Aid Certificate (or willing to obtain)
- Current Australian driver’s licence and access to a fully comprehensive insured vehicle
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer who supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Generous salary packaging benefits (up to $15,900 tax free)
- Paid time and per kilometre travel entitlement
- Uniform and mobile phone
- Ongoing training & development
- Career progression opportunities
Click the application link if you are interested in this amazing opportunity!
For queries only, contact Maureen Balisbisan via email: firstname.lastname@example.org (quoting Job #738).
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which includes a National Police Check and Reference Check.