Principal: Mr Robert Brennan
Applications Close: at 4 pm 04/12/2019
Commencing on or after:
Position: Education Support Employee
Hours per Week: Full-time
Level/Subject:Business Manager Position Description.pdf
Role Description/CriteriaVision, Mission, Values
Salesian College Chadstone is a Catholic School for boys in the Salesian tradition. We welcome all boys and their families, celebrate diversity and promote relationships built on mutual respect. All in the community are treated as valued partners in laying the foundation for life-long learning. We celebrate the achievements of all within an environment of joy and optimism.
Salesian College Chadstone is committed to building a caring community which:
• Ensures that a Catholic and Salesian ethos underpins all aspects of College life within an atmosphere of respect for all
• Promotes initiative, a spirit of enquiry and a desire to strive for academic excellence through innovative and supportive teaching
• Provides students and staff with every opportunity to develop all aspects of each individual
• Practises wise governance, strategic leadership and fair processes; and
Works in partnership with parents, families, past pupils, parishes, educational and ecclesiastical institutions and other civic agencies.
Purpose of the Role
The Business Manager promotes the vision and mission of Salesian College and contributes to its educational goals by assisting the Principal with the management of finances, personnel, risk and compliance, administration, facilities, IT and Marketing and Development.
The Business Manager is a member of the Leadership Team and the Advisory Council working under the direction of the Principal.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Salesian, Catholic, Religious and Pastoral Dimensions of College Life:
The Business Manager supports the Catholic, Salesian, religious and pastoral dimensions of College life by:
• Giving witness to Gospel values in his/her own personal life
• Developing a knowledge and appreciation of the life, work and spirituality of Don Bosco
• Promoting the integration of faith and life
• Creating a welcoming and hospitable environment for students, staff and visitors
• Building a positive team culture amongst staff
• Maintaining professional confidentiality and exercising sensitivity and discretion
• Working in close collaboration with other members of the College Leadership Team, Finance Team, IT Manager, Facilities Manager and Head of Marketing and Development.
The Business Manager is responsible for a range of general duties to provide a broad range of support and assistance including:
• Leadership and management of various Non- teaching teams.
• Responsibility for all College financial functions including; management and statutory reporting, day to day operations, budgets, analysis and strategic planning.
• The development and support of non-teaching staff in their professional development, performance review, strategic direction, operation and performance of business units.
• Development, implementation and delivery of the Master Plan and maintenance of College physical resources.
• Providing advice to the Principal regarding all governance, risk management and compliance related matters and ensuring that these areas operate within and comply with the relevant legislation and statutory requirements.
• Acting as chair of the Occupational Health and Safety Committee and ensuring that the College is compliant with all OHS legislation and statutory requirements.
• Project managagement of all building, capital and facility improvements.
• Working with the IT Manager to ensure the needs and goals related to the College’s IT fuctions, infrastructure and operations are achieved.
• In conjunction with the Principal and Head of Marketing and Development, achieve strategic and operational outcomes in marketing, community engagement, public relations, publications, events management, alumni and enrolments.
• Continuing to develop and implement the Marketing and Development Strategic plan.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The College Business Manager will have:
1. A sensitive appreciation for the Catholic and Salesian ethos of the College.
2. Qualifications and/or experience in a Management and Administrative environment.
3. Excellent interpersonal and (written and oral) communication skills.
4. The ability to lead and manage a variety of teams.
5. High level organisational, administrative and management skills.
6. Knowledge of relevant regulations and statutory requirements.
7. Appropriate computer and software application skills.
8. The ability to work systematically towards the achievement of strategic objectives.
It is essential that all candidates have or are able to attain a “Working with Children Check”, which includes a police check.
Salary and Conditions
This position comes under the Victorian Catholic Education Multi Employer Agreement 2018. The salary will be commensurate with experience and skills. Additional benefits include 9.5% superannuation and four weeks leave.
Enquiries and Applications
Further enquiries should be directed to the Principal’s PA, Mrs Mary Menz, at the College on 9807 2644.
Applications, including a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae, should be forwarded to:
The Principal, Mr Robert Brennan
by email to: