patient services assistant
Limited tenure Maternity leave Full time & Part Time position available for a Patient Services Assistant. Based at Werribee Mercy Hospital, working in our Environmental Department.
We are seeking a qualified Patient Services Assistant who will be an integral member of our Environmental Department team and provide patient centric cleaning duties, food and beverage services, transportation of patients and patient support.
- Limited tenure position 40 hours weekday shift, Monday to Friday
- Limited tenure position 15 hours weekday shift, Saturday and Sunday
- Located at Werribee Mercy Hospital
- Health Services Assistant Certificate III or equivalent or working towards completing
- Current Food Handling certificate
- Excellent customer service skills and have a passion for attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and work within a team environment
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to understand Patients’ diet codes
- A commitment to policies and procedures in order to maintain a safe and healthy environment for patients, staff and members of the public
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a General Public Hospital located in the rapidly growing Western suburbs of Melbourne. Our services include surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, renal dialysis, emergency, mental health, rehabilitation, aged and palliative care. The hospital has recently undergone significant expansion with the opening or our new intensive care unit, additional operating theatres and the opening of two new wards, taking the total number of beds to 298. Join us now and be part of our team as we expand to serve our community.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women's health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that many people want to work somewhere that is more than ‘just a job.’ At Mercy Health, we pride ourselves on our values-based culture, and offer a generous range of benefits to support you to maintain a healthy work/life balance. These include:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Career progression and development opportunities
- A range of discounts available across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services
We focus on caring for our staff members and those important to them. We support all staff to be their authentic selves at work through Whole Self @ Mercy Health - our network group for LGBTIQ staff and allies.
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.