Reliable team member required for an immediate start for full-time (38 hours per week) in-factory position at VBG in Cheltenham, Victoria.
VBG is a leading fabricator in stone and porcelain surfaces for kitchen benchtops and bathrooms. We use cutting edge fabrication methods which achieve artisan stonemason quality. With a emphasis on lean fabrication, on time delivery and technological innovation, VBG has been working with some of Australia’s largest and most renowned builders and construction groups since 1994.
- Your chance to join Australia's most forward thinking and modern stone/porcelain manufacturer.
- Permanent Employment / SE Suburbs - Cheltenham Location
- Join a dynamic, smart and safe work environment.
- VBG has been a leader in the domestic stone industry for over 20 years with an unshakeable commitment to producing high quality stone surfaces using cutting edge technologies and work methods.
- An exciting, long-term career opportunity for candidates who show initiative and commitment.
- VBG is a completely wet process factory. No dry cutting of any type at VBG's production facility.
- All uniform, safety equipment and tools supplied
- Immediate start available
- Experience with Storeman / Picking Duties
- Ability to use technology (PC's, tablets, RF Scanners, Microsoft Office
- No experience with stone/porcelain necessary
- Forklift licence required
- Only those people who have the right to work in Australia need apply
- Stock management and receiving materials into a custom software database.
- Machine line operation.
- Stock Control - Accurate stock keeping and ensuring stock is not over ordered/under ordered.
- Jib Crane Operation and assistance in labouring tasks related to the manufacturing of stone benchtops and Loading/Unloading stock.
- Some moderate to heavy lifting is involved.
- Lean production flow.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Crane Operator: 1 year (Required)
- Stock Control: 2 years (Required)
- MR Licence (Preferred)
- Drivers Licence (Required)
- Forklift Licence (Required)
- The candidate can work temporarily with no restriction on hours (Required)
- Health and wellness programs
- Move and stack materials
- Load and unload trucks
- Keep production lines supplied with empty containers and packaging materials as needed
- Rotate floor stock
- General housekeeping duties in the warehouse or production area and duties as assigned
- Use warehouse management software
- Follow forklift operating guidelines and procedures
- Perform proper forklift inspection, minor servicing and repairs as necessary
- Receive/process shipments