Accounts receivable officer
Melbourne United Basketball Club is one of Australia's premier sporting brands with a rich history dating back to the 1930's. Throughout its history, the club has been a dominant force in the development of Australian basketball.
We are currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Officer to join our finance team on a part time basis. We seek a highly motivated individual with proven accounts experience, who is professionally presented and can communicate to stakeholders at all levels within the business.
About the role:
- Managing the Accounts Receivable function end to end
- Proactively managing overdue accounts and resolving payment discrepancies
- Review debt recovery procedures and recommend changes
- Reconciliation of invoices checking to budgets before sending for approval
- Assisting with coding bank statements and bank reconciliations
- Assisting with month-end tasks
- Weekly bank variance reporting/assist with cash-flow reports
- A Minimum of 4-5 years of bookkeeping/accounts experience in a similar role, minimum of 2 years at a similar company/organisation highly regarded.
- Working knowledge of MYOB, Xero, QuickBooks, Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Taking initiative and setting priorities to meet deadlines
- The ability to work well within and support a small team
To work in a company that promotes from within and to take the next step in your accounting career, APPLY NOW