The Harvest Manager holds overall responsibility for management of the row cropping harvesting operations including the day-to-day supervision of harvest personnel and all third-party harvest contractors.
Rombola Family Farms is seeking a passionate and driven Harvest Manager to join the team. The Harvest Manager is responsible for the day to day row cropping harvest operations and will work collaboratively with the supply chain and production teams. You will be responsible for the hand picking, using a variety of mechanical harvest aids. Harvesting 40,000 tonnes of produce annually, they require a manager that is motivated, hands on and able to work under pressure. Crops to be harvested include seedless watermelon, rockmelons, broccoli and pumpkin.
Key operational accountabilities include:
• Design the harvest workforce and shift plans in line with production plans
• Oversee the induction, training and performance management of all in house and contracted harvest personnel
• Liaising with members of the supply chain and production teams to prioritise, plan and implement daily and weekly harvest schedules
• Direct the allocation of a harvest workforce of up to 150 people to specific tasks based on experience, skill and reliability, in line with the harvest schedules.
• Arrange, co-ordinate and oversee all activities of external harvest contractors
• Communicate continuously with harvest supervisors to accurately estimate daily harvest volumes.
• Work hand in hand with maintenance personnel to ensure harvest operations have the highest possible equipment availability day to day
• Generate, analyse, share and act on the agreed operational performance metrics for the harvest operation
• Ensuring that WH&S obligations are implemented and adhered to by all team members.
• Ensuring all harvest requirements of the company’s food safety standards, including HARPS and Global Gap, are adhered to.
• Drive all aspects of continuous improvement projects within the harvest function.
To be successful in the role you will possess the following:
• Proven ability and significant experience in the harvest management field and a track record of success in achieving production targets.
• A genuine sense of urgency with a “can do” attitude.
• Understanding of commercial realities including exposure to and participation in financial, commercial and planning decisions.
• Demonstrated ability to develop work plans and achieve the goals of these work plans.
• Good with numbers: analysing costs, estimating yields and capacity.
• A high level of computer literacy.
• Relationship management skills with the ability to build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• People manager, negotiator and all-round good person that will thrive working in a proactive team (must be a team player).
• Flexibility in hours worked to achieve operational targets.
• Sound working knowledge of WH&S requirements.
LOCATION AND REMUNERATION
Located 20kms North of Griffith, NSW.
This opportunity will offer you:
• An attractive remuneration package starting from $53,900 p.a.based upon relevant qualifications and experience;
• A passionate and energetic team culture;
• Become a part of a progressive, vibrant business.
Please apply online or contact Howard Wootton on 0481 354 *** to speak confidentially, or email ******@agri.com.au for more information.
To keep informed about future roles please go to our Careers Page and follow us on LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/company/agricultural-appointments).