Head of principal investments
Bluestone’s mission is to become the most successful non-bank lender in ANZ. It's a fast-paced, challenging, passionate and changing environment and one which gives you the opportunity to fulfill your potential with continuous learning. We place equal importance on personal qualities as technical ability and with our smaller teams and flat line structure, you will feel part of the close-knit team from the beginning.
About the role:
The Head of Principal Investments is responsible for all principal investment activities undertaken on behalf of Bluestone across both deployment of growth capital within the business and acquisition of financial assets and operating companies. Reporting to, and working closely with the CEO, the Head of Principal Investments will perform market analysis to identify sectors/areas of opportunity, engage with the business/market to establish opportunities to make investments, analyse and value opportunities and where required negotiate and close transactions with counterparties.
A typical day for you looks like:
- Engaging with market participants to understand landscape, opportunities and businesses including banks, advisors, lawyers, operating businesses and other relevant parties.
- Research into sectors and businesses to uncover areas of opportunity.
- Liaise with the Bluestone Leadership team to develop growth strategies and build relationships leveraging input when looking at opportunities/ensure we understand the operational requirements of opportunities.
- Preparation of growth and investment opportunity materials containing clear rationale, thorough analysis, risk assessment, and recommendations.
- Liaison with Bluestone Board and Cerberus around opportunities ensuring alignment and support for potential transactions.
- Engaging the business to keep them aware of principal investment opportunities and build an understanding of activities
Skills & experiences you’ll bring the team:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Economics and a minimum of 4 years experience.
- Strong numerical and analytical competence with a track record of having applied these skills in the execution of transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to make and build relationships with market participants facilitating easy access to deal-flow and information.
- Proven track record of presenting transactions to boards and investment committees with an ability to clearly articulate key messages and garner stakeholder buy-in.
- Proven ability to work with operational teams to ensure smooth pre and post-transaction operational execution.
- Strong experience in the negotiation of transactions with various counterparties to achieve the best execution in terms of probability, time and value.
- Excellent ability to engage service providers (lawyers, advisors accountants etc) to deliver valuable advice and recommendations under a clearly defined and financially efficient scope of work.
So, why would you want to work for us?
- An awesome office in the city
- Modern technology & resources to use
- Great training options to further your career & development
- Performance-related bonus program
- Flexibility options
- Friday night drinks every 2nd Friday
- A big kitchen with breakfast & fruit included daily
- Gym membership discounts
- 21 days of leave per year
To apply please click on the "APPLY" button below.
Applications close: 27 December 2019