Senior it onsite engineer (2ic)
Location: Sydney (Primary Park St, Secondary Chifley)
Type: Full-Time, Permanent.
Our business, our culture
QBE Insurance Group is one of the world's top 20 general insurance and reinsurance companies, with operations in all the key insurance markets. QBE is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and is headquartered in Sydney. We employ more than 12,000 people in 31 countries.
Working at QBE, we recognise the value of diversity and inclusion in the workplace and support a range of flexible work arrangements to promote a better family/life/work balance.
We offer you a dynamic workplace culture, one that values and leverages the unique ideas, capabilities and experiences you bring irrespective of where you are in the world. We believe this strengthens our ability to deliver on our business goals, particularly as it relates to innovation, growth and our focus on customers.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Senior IT Onsite Engineer to join our team. This position will support multiple sites in Sydney, based primarily out of our Park Street office in the CBD. You will have 2IC responsibilities to the Team Leader, assisting with team and ServiceNow queue management. This is a high volume role which will require strong organisational skills, time management and resilience.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Participation in delivery of new IT support services and systems
- Providing a VIP Onsite Support service, ensuring enhanced support for the QBE Executive Community
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of IT procedures by identifying opportunities for improvement, sharing best practices and updating documentation as necessary
- Ensuring successful daily operations by responding to incidents and requests, providing timely resolution, and delivery of service
- Performing hardware and/or software installations and updates to desktop and/or laptop computers
- Providing IT support for projects involving technical rollouts, office moves, upgrades & Events
- Facilitating accurate record keeping by documenting support issues and/or resolutions and communicating customer feedback to managers and IT team members
What does success look like?
- Previous 2IC management experience of IT support teams
- Extensive experience in an IT support role
- Strong technical knowledge of system hardware and software, communication equipment and Video Conferencing equipment
- Advanced understanding of laptop and workstation hardware
- Experience with Office 365 suite, including Skype, Teams and Outlook.
- Strong background using/supporting Windows O/S (Win 10), IOS, MS Active Directory, Citrix, Office 2016, Sharepoint, Intune, iPhone, iPad & Android mobile devices, Terminal Server, Active Directory.
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks concurrently and effectively prioritise.
- Ability to communicate and deal with external vendors and suppliers
At QBE, you will be provided with a competitive remuneration structure and benefits, in an environment that offers support, and encourages career development and learning.
We offer a range of benefits and discounts including:
- Shared-Care leave (inclusive of paid superannuation during this time)
- Secondment opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Paid volunteer leave
- Purchased leave
- Product discounts
Applications close: COB 12th December 2019