Analytics data developer (google cloud | gcp | bigquery | sql)
Our client is a market leading Australian organisation currently undertaking a large scale migration from a traditional on premise Teradata Data Warehouse environment to a cutting edge cloud based Google / GCP platform. As a result a brand-new permanent position has been created for an Analytics Data Developer / Junior GCP Data Engineer to join the team and help manage the evolution of its data process and procedures. This exciting opportunity will offer the successful applicant the opportunity to leverage traditional SQL Data Development skills whilst also evolving a skillset in the cutting edge Google Cloud environment.
As an Analytics Data Developer / Junior GCP Data Engineer the responsibilities of this role will involve but not be limited to:
- Engage with stakeholders across the business to qualify new strategic data driven business initiatives; Understand project requirements, strategic initiatives and business drivers, identifying all data assets, processes and platforms to be supported.
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain scalable database / data mart solutions and analytic tools/apps for the business
- Lead the migration of existing data processes and solutions from the legacy environment to the new Google Cloud Platform
- Develop data-set processes for data modelling, mining and production
- Build and maintain new data structures and design data processing systems.
To be successful in this role you must be an experienced and motivated SQL Data Specialist, hungry to push yourself in one of Australia's most reputable brands and develop your skills in Google Cloud (GCP) environment. You will be able to demonstrate;
- Strong end to end commercial data project delivery experience demonstrated though; having strong business acumen, strong stakeholder engagement skills, being self motivated and hungry to learn.
- Experience working within a cloud environment, particularly Google Cloud Platform (GCP, BigQuery etc) will be prioritised.
- Technical expertise working with SQL to manage, manipulate and automate complex data feeds, develop stored procedures, analytical data marts and new database solutions (i.e. Big Query, SQL Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle SQL, T-SQL, PL-SQL etc)
- Additional programming skills in a language such as Python, C#, Java, .net, will prove highly advantageous..
To be considered for the position please send your resume and cover note to ***@correlateresources.com or click through ‘Apply’ below.