Business development manager (qld)
Are you motivated by the thrill of creating new business relationships and passionate about growing local businesses?
Sales is the engine room of Groupon - our success relies largely on our Sales teams who have an unparalleled knowledge of the market and the customer as they focus on building partnerships with new Groupon merchants. We spend our days learning about what makes small-business tick and how to craft unique marketing campaigns to help them reach their targeted audiences. Our expertise ultimately creates jobs and drives economies as we help local merchants thrive.
As a Business Development Consultant covering our Queensland region, you'll focus on securing and closing new business for the Groupon platform, within our Local Sales vertical - everything ranging from restaurants, leisure, beauty, wellness, fitness, entertainment and services.
Through support from our management and training team, you'll learn about Groupon's merchant strategy, our sales process, sales psychology, and more. You'll use the skills to make connections, grow partnerships, and scale the businesses we have on our site - both big and small.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
A bit about the role:
- Seek out new business opportunities through cold calling to engage, consult, and close local deals over the phone
- Take ownership of contract negotiation process, dealing with margins, discounts, and other critical elements
- Use consultative selling strategies and knowledge of deal structure to reach merchants’ desired outcomes and maximise profit
- Work with our Account Management teams post-close to ensure a smooth handover and transition of accounts post sale to align on merchant strategy
- Drive market growth for both quality of merchants and revenue
- Sell the benefits of Groupon as a powerful marketing tool and in addition be able to sell the range of marketing channels we employ eg : EDMs, search engine management, behaviour triggered push notifications and affiliate marketing
A bit about you:
- Solid experience in a new-business hunting sales environment, comfortable cold calling and with a track record of success in a KPI driven sales environment
- You have strong consultation and negotiation skills, and hunting skills so honed, Bear Grylls would be jealous
- The right balance of coach-ability and confidence, you are excited about the opportunity to further develop your consultative sales skills
- You have an uncanny ability to focus in a whirlwind of change, even when that includes a bit of karaoke
- Curious about people, local businesses, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Experience having previously worked in advertising, media, online marketing; ecommerce sales and/or hospitality sales is an added advantage but not essential
- A lover of food, an outgoing personality and a great sense of humour!
What's in it for you?
- Experience working for one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies in the world with unparalleled career opportunities
- 2 weeks induction at our pretty cool Sydney HQ and ongoing learning and development
- Free Groupon credits and staff discounts (on top of discounts!) on deals
- Birthday Leave
- Volunteering / Community Days off
- Weekly Friday night drinks & recognition awards
- Emerald & Presidents Club Incentives (Cancun, New York, Boracay, Vegas, Maldives!)
- Work in our awesome break-out areas, a relaxed and fun culture - and we tend to dress that way too!
- Quarterly and monthly team events and much, much more
Interested? We'd love to hear from you!
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.