The Producer, Learning and Regional Engagement will plan, deliver and evaluate compelling learning and engagement activities for World Science Festival Brisbane.
World Science Festival Brisbane explores and celebrates the entanglement of science and art through a program of thought-provoking conversations, inspiring theatrical and cinematic experiences, major outdoor events and education activities.
The successful applicant will have an understanding of the Australian Curriculum and demonstrated experience developing and delivering public events underpinned by strong learning outcomes in Brisbane and regional areas.
The Producer, Learning and Regional Engagement will:
1. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop, deliver and evaluate a learning strategy for World Science Festival Brisbane 2019-21 that aligns with the Australian Curriculum, showcases the research and collection priorities of the Queensland Museum Network and harnesses technology to engage new audiences.
2. Build, maintain and leverage cooperative and productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to coordinate the delivery of learning and engagement activities across the Queensland Museum Network to the highest standard in accordance with agreed timeframes and licence constraints.
3. Collaborate with the Science Content Editor to ensure program content is relevant, engaging and entertaining for audiences.
4. Liaise with participants to ensure their research and expertise is presented in a meaningful, respectful and responsible manner.
5. Provide timely program content for marketing events within your control including sourcing imagery and audio visual content.
6. Using templates, prepare letters of agreement, activity provider agreements, running orders and risk analyses for events and activities within your control and file in accordance with agreed procedure.
7. Manage a small programming budget, escalate issues promptly and report against expenditure as required.
8. Actively participate in working parties comprised of internal and external stakeholders.
9. Other duties commensurate with skills, experience and requirements as directed by the World Science Festival Brisbane leadership team.
10. Comply with Queensland Museum Network policies, procedures and appropriate legislation.
The role description outlines specific requirements of the role.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this role, please provide the following information to the selection panel for assessment of your suitability:
Your application will remain current for 12 months and may be considered for recurring vacancies at an alternative location or alternative employment basis.
***APPLICANTS ARE REQUESTED TO APPLY ONLINE – scroll down and click the ‘APPLY ONLINE' button***
Please note any documents attached to Smart Jobs should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. Please do not upload zipped files.