Health and safety graduate
Beach Energy is looking for a passionate Health and Safety Graduate.
Our Graduate Program focuses on building technical skills through on-the-job learning and coaching from technical experts. The Program is designed to give graduates unparalleled exposure to the complexities and intricacies of the oil and gas industry with valuable hands-on work experience and long-term career opportunities.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join a dynamic, high performing company experiencing enormous growth in the industry.
The primary role of the Health and Safety Graduate is to provide technical advice and pragmatic solutions to health and safety matters, in our pursuit of continually improving HSE performance.
The position will initially be located in the Cooper Basin, South Australia on a Fly in Fly out basis.
What you will be doing:
The Health and Safety Graduate will be offered the opportunity to work on a variety of projects that encompass the full oil and gas life cycle. The position will be supported by mentors and coaches with significant experience in occupational health, hygiene and safety.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring consistent implementation, adherence and compliance to relevant HSE legislation.
- Ensuring all activities are carried out in accordance with all company HSE standards and procedures.
- Supporting Company and Contractor representatives, and all other relevant stakeholders to ensure HSE standards and processes are maintained and effective.
- Completing HSE Audits in accordance with the Beach Assurance Plan.
- Scheduling and completing regular workplace inspections, including Permit to Work audits and hazard hunts.
- Participating in Incident Investigations and stewarding the close out of actions using the Beach Incident and Hazard Reporting database (CMO).
- Coordinating the development and roll out of safety promotional material, initiatives and campaigns.
- Proactively identify and act on hazards in the workplace and intervene in unsafe practices.
- Analysing HSE data, identify trends, and prepare improvement plans.
- Monitoring Contractor HSE performance and compliance and prepare improvement plans as required.
- Assisting with the coordination of all functional safety issues including the maintenance of relevant records and reports.
- Actively participating in meetings including daily pre starts, contractor & operational meetings, weekly and monthly safety meetings.
What we need from you
- Available to work from February 2020
- Demonstrate how you’ve made a difference (something that taps in to different skillsets)
- The ability to act with integrity and inclusion of others.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Australia
- Valid Australian Driver’s license (for field roles)
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Team oriented individuals with the ability to effectively communicate across functions and management
- Diploma in Workplace Health and Safety or higher
- Strong attention to detail
- Reliable and dependable and strong time management skills
- Willingness to travel to various site locations
Desirable selection criteria
- Undergraduate or Post Graduate Health and Safety Qualification.
- Previous work experience relevant to the Health & Safety discipline.
How to apply
Please follow the link to create your application and upload your resume, academic transcript and cover letter.
For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
Applications close Monday 16th December 2019