Consultant, corporate finance & restructuring
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organisations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries. FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. In Australia, FTI Consulting is a National practice with offices in Perth, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.
The Corporate Finance and Restructuring/Insolvency segment of FTI Consulting provides comprehensive solutions in informal restructuring and advisory engagements, along with formal insolvency matters such as voluntary administrations and receiverships across a breadth of industries and businesses of all sizes.
Our team is one of the leading turnaround and insolvency practices in Brisbane, with a market leading track record developed from delivering outstanding results for our clients and their key stakeholders in Australia and Internationally, including on major matters with operations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. We work with corporates, financiers and other key stakeholders with a highly commercial mindset to deliver results.
Our Brisbane Corporate Finance & Restructuring team are looking for a talented professional to join FTI Consulting at the Consultant level. You will gain valuable hands on commercial experience as a key member of the team with the opportunity to learn from seasoned professionals and alongside experienced client management teams.
- Work in a supportive environment fostering integrity, creativity, achievement, respect, and empathy
- Manage day-to-day issues on engagements (external administrations including trade-on engagements, independent business reviews, informal turnaround assignments)
- Be a supportive key team member on all engagements
- Perform financial, ratio and company analysis and financial and cash flow modelling
- Prepare draft reports, presentations and other written correspondence (e.g. pitches and proposals)
- Assist in project planning and management of the duties of junior staff
- Be a key member involved in various business development initiatives
What you will bring:
- Resilience, a strong willingness to learn, positive attitude, and desire to embrace challenges
- 3-5 years of professional restructuring/insolvency experience
- Tertiary qualifications in an accounting or finance related field
- Studying Chartered Accounting (CA) programme or be CA qualified or the equivalent
- Driven to deliver high quality client service and deliverables with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong financial analytical and quantitative skills
- Knowledge of fundamental accounting and business/commercial principles
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve best possible outcomes for our clients
What We Can Offer You:
- Opportunity to work for a leading international consulting firm and a leading Brisbane practice
- A fast-paced environment with opportunity for significant career growth and personal development
- Financial support to complete professional qualifications including study/exam leave
- Payment of relevant professional membership fees
- Regular industry-based and internal FTI Consulting training sessions to enhance your professional and personal development (including opportunities to meet and grow with your interstate peers through the delivery of firm-wide training sessions)
- Support from an experienced “buddy” and “coach” to discuss current projects, help with tasks and provide general advice around our systems and processes
- A vibrant social culture including opportunity to be involved in charity events/functions, office social functions and business development and networking opportunities.