Technology team leader/supervisor - coatings
Our client is one of the largest independent global suppliers of speciality chemicals to the architectural and industrial coatings industries. Their diverse technical and custom manufacturing capabilities provide solutions to meet the most complex requirements. By providing the broadest portfolio of technologies they are able to create chemistries to solve customer's most complex challenges.
A rare opportunity has presented for a Technology Team Leader/Supervisor to join their Technology Team based at their manufacturing site in the South-Eastern suburbs of Melbourne. This position plays a pivotal role in the team in ensuring customer requirements and expectations are met and exceeded. This role liaises with multiple teams on a global scale and reports to the Sales & Marketing Manager Asia Pacific.
- Actively supervise and prioritise R&D Chemists/Lab Technicians on a day to day basis to optimise output as required by the business. This includes Managing employee's performance in conjunction with HR
- Attend key cross functional meetings and initiate technical work based on requirements from these meetings
- Manage key projects to develop and commercialise products in meeting specifications and client's requirements, including formulation and product performance evaluations
- Assist the commercial team in problem solving techniques in response to customer issues and opportunities
- Actively identify and implement process improvements
- Development of new products and technologies to address the customers/market specific needs
- Develop a customer focus culture within the lab and actively assist customers on all technical issues/concerns
- Issue technical reports on progress and activities of assigned projects
- Share resources to the Asia Pacific Technical teams which would create opportunities for international travel
- Keep up to date with industry trends and regulatory issues and maintain a high level of competence through patent literature and technical conferences
- Establish safe chemical practises and procedures as per company guidelines
- Compliance to safety rules and regulations, attend safety meetings and training
Ideally you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Science, Chemistry preferable or Chemical Engineering
- Must have experience working in the surface coatings industry
- Knowledge and experience in understanding critical chemical functionality for coatings formulations - polymer chemistry, surfactant technology or rheology is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and the capacity to handle several projects simultaneously are critical
- Ability to supervise and manage performance by leading by example
- Commercial understanding of the business and customer priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with multiple teams
- Good oral communication skills and technical writing skills, including technical presentations
Great benefits are on offer which include 10.5% Super, Income Protection Insurance and an annual bonus scheme. If you have relevant experience and believe this role would suit you please do not hesitate to apply now. Please submit your resume in WORD document only.
To submit your application in strict confidence, click the 'apply' button. If you require further information, please contact Michelle Setka on 03 9864 6***.
To view all Techstaff job opportunities visit www.techstaff.com.au