AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company. Calling on centuries of expertise, we supply industries and consumers worldwide with innovative products and sustainable technologies designed to meet the growing demands of our fast-changing planet. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we have approximately 35,000 people in around 80 countries, while our portfolio includes well-known brands such as Sikkens, International and Interpon. Consistently ranked as one of the leaders in sustainability, we are committed to making life more liveable and our cities more human.
Our plant in Melbourne’s western suburbs is seeking an experienced Materials Planner to manage the sourcing and flow of materials into our factory. They will also monitor performance to ensure that materials are available for the agreed supply plan and that materials planning targets are met.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
• Procurement of both local and imported raw materials and packaging items
• Manage planning data to ensure stock levels are optimized to support production plan.
• Support Planning team to ensure materials are available for call-off in accordance with the
latest production schedule
• Monitor supplier OTIF and develop actions to improve performance
• Follow up continuously on open PO’s, expedite PO’s within the lead-times, maintain
open POs in ERP system ensure correct expected delivery dates.
• Provide forecast to suppliers complete with any life cycle management decisions
• Provide reports and requested information to management as needed.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
• Minimum Diploma in any discipline with min 5 years experiences in Supply chain & inventory management
• Excellent knowledge in MRP & Excel with strong background in Purchasing
• Knowledgeable in SAP
• APICS certification an advantage but not essential
• Have good problem-solving skills, be a strong team player with good interpersonal skills, able to work cross functionally.
• Have strong levels of resilience, able to work under pressure with little supervision, drive for results and quality oriented.
Be part of something special. Take your career to the next level and help drive this exciting company into the next phase of operational excellence. In return, AkzoNobel can offer a number of benefits to the successful person including a competitive salary, annual incentive program, structured training and development program within a workplace that has achieved an outstanding health and safety record and an inclusive, high performance work culture
Background checking is a component of AkzoNobel's recruitment process. This checking may include: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications and medical checks. Should you wish to proceed with your application, we will request your consent to complete background checking on behalf of the company. Only successful applicants will be notified.