Speech pathologist - paediatrics - eastern suburbs, sydney
Dear Speech Pathologists,
Thank you for your interest in this exciting Speech Pathologist position at Speakable. Boost children's confidence through competent communication and literacy and at the same time, thrive in your career.
Speakable is an established and rapidly growing private Speech Pathology Practice in Bondi Junction, Sydney. Our mission is to empower children, teenagers and professional migrants' communication, speech, language, literacy, and memory abilities.
We are currently seeking a contracting Paediatric Speech & Language Pathologist to join our passionate, friendly and energetic team of 4 Speech Pathologists. As a team member, your role is to equip children aged 2 - 18 years with effective and functional speech, language, literacy, fluency and memory skills, so they can reach their full potential.
Our team caters for preschool, primary school and high school students. More info on our website www.speakable.com.au
This position is suitable for new graduates and therapists with 1-2 years of experience in working with children. A successful candidate will commence at the beginning of Term 1, 2020.
As we offer clinic-based sessions, school, home and childcare visits, the applicant must be willing to provide services on various off-site locations. There is also an opportunity to serve our clients on Saturdays. The days and hours are flexible. We can help you build your caseload.
Benefits & Culture:
- Full and ongoing professional support
- Admin support
- Flexible working hours & days
- Attractive rates
- Regular team building
- Opportunities for professional development
- Extensive resources and assessments
- Manageable caseload
- A professional, supportive and friendly team
- Opportunity to work with Accent Reduction clients
- Opportunity to work with Cogmed Working Memory clients
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administer Speech Pathology screenings and assessments.
- Develop and administer appropriate treatment plans for paediatric clients.
- Collaborate with colleagues, other professionals and parents to plan and provide Speech Pathology advice, support and strategies including goal setting and contribution to the development of individual education plans.
- Provide full support and advice, in collaboration with multidisciplinary professionals, to our clients and their families using evidence-based practice.
- Develop an effective record keeping system including progress notes, reports and educational/health related documents.
- Provide regular feedback to clients, parents and other professionals via oral and/or written communication.
- Create and implement therapy resources and materials that are suitable for clients.
- Be flexible and adaptable according to client's needs.
Qualification & Experience:
- A relevant and accredited Speech Pathology degree
- Eligible for membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Eligible for Medicare Provider registration
- New graduates are encouraged to apply for this position. 1-2 years of experience in Paediatric Speech Pathology is also desirable.
- Experience in the provision of early intervention & therapy within a family centred framework
- Experience in working with health professionals and educators
- Experience in working with children with a range of diagnoses including learning difficulties, stuttering, voice disorders, global developmental delay, gifted learners, autism spectrum disorder, speech & language disorders and dyslexia is desirable
- Knowledge in Spalding (WRAP), Thrass, Multilit and Visualisation/Verbalisation is desirable but not mandatory
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing personal and professional development
- Experience with a variety of formal assessments (Articulation, CELF5, CELF P2, PLS5, NEALE, TORCH, Literacy) and informal assessments
- Current Working with Children Clearance
- Current NSW Drivers Licence
For further information regarding this role, please contact Binh on (02) 8021 6*** or email *****@speakable.com.au
Alternatively, APPLY by sending a resume including a cover letter and address the criteria as stated above. Closing date for application Sunday, 12 January 2020.