Senior Solutions Architect, Security
Role: Senior Solutions Architect, Security
Business Unit: Group Technology
Type: Fixed Term, 18 months
How will I help?
The Information Security job family provides oversight and governance services across the Westpac Group brands and is integral in ensuring operational integrity, resilience and security.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the design and leading the implementation of an Enterprise security Architecture for one or more complex portfolios ensuring activity is initiated and aligned with GroupTech and Business strategies.
What's involved in the role?
What are we looking for?
- Participate in forums to ensure appropriate stakeholders are effectively engaged in the formulation of Enterprise Security Architecture's direction
- Provide expert technology advice and guidance to General Managers and Business Unit/GroupTech Group Executive within a portfolio/domain to assist the business in the formulation of business strategy and technology investment decisions
- Promote the enterprise security architecture process, outcomes and value proposition to the organisation.
- Help lead the development and execution of a communication and education plan for security enterprise architecture.
- Review new and existing projects for information security compliance by developing, documenting, and communicating adherence to architecture policies & standards
- Work within virtual project teams to define the security requirements of an application determining an optimal design for subsequent development
- Drive the application of GroupTech Architecture policies, standards and guidelines to ensure effective security solutions are designed in accordance with business requirements, Group standards and the GroupTech Strategy
- Identify and analyse enterprise business drivers and the current IT environment to detect security gaps and recommend solutions for improvement in areas of responsibility
- Maintain and apply security architectural knowledge and investigate and recommend improvement opportunities to ensure Westpac remains innovative and up to date with market leading security technologies and industry trends
- Recommend improvement opportunities within portfolio to drive continuous security improvement and ensure Westpac remains innovative and up to date with market leading technologies and industry trends
- Analyse security technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise architecture
What's it like to work there?
- Significant experience in enterprise architecture in IT Industry/financial services or business consulting/strategic planning
- Ability to translate business needs into enterprise architecture requirements
- Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Experience across multiple architecture domains, including the implementation of architecture in large organisations required to ensure balanced solutions
- Proven results in delivering major business solutions into production within multiple project teams
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architect disciplines and frameworks (eg TOGAF)
- Developing leadership skills, including facilitation and mentoring
- Ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions
- Strong analytical and technical skills as well as excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Applied knowledge of financial models and budgeting
As well as good pay and a great culture, joining the Westpac family means you'll get lots of perks including some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market. We back our employees by helping them work towards industry-recognised qualifications, using online learning, training modules and career planning tools for you to grow with us. We'll even pay you to do volunteer or community work.
How do I apply?
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. We invite candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.