Blue Care is inviting applications from an experienced Hospitality Supervisors/ Managers to join our Sunshine Coast team.
This a great opportunity for a Hospitality / Food and Beverage Supervisor aiming to secure a permanent contract in an organisation that promotes a positive work life balance and is Queensland’s second largest employer.
Employment Status: Full Time
Location: Sunshine Coast
Remuneration: $24.78 per hour (FTE $48,965) + 9.5% Super + Salary Packaging +Employee benefits
You’ll be responsible for co-ordinating the operation of effective and efficient hospitality services. A challenging and diverse role, you’ll supervise and manage a wide range of hospitality professionals responsible for food and beverage delivery, laundry services and housekeeping – ensuring hospitality services within the facility are delivered to the highest possible standard. This includes ensuring Accreditation Standards are met, implementing Quality Feedback Tools and stock management processes and managing stakeholder relationships. You will also provide support, leadership and training to our Food Services, Laundry and Housekeeping teams.
We’ll look after you too:
As the largest not-for-profit provider of Hospital, Family, Aged and Community Services in Queensland, UnitingCare delivers services in over 400 locations - offering the opportunity to advance your career from Coomera to Katherine and almost everywhere in between. We offer:
- Charity salary packaging to pay benefits and living expenses from pre-income tax
- Flexible work arrangements, where we emphasise a work-life balance
- Access to financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Learning and development to support you in your role
With our family including The Wesley Hospital, Lifeline and Blue Care, we’re an organisation committed to service, offering our people a values-based culture and benefits.
As an experienced hospitality professional - preferably within the aged care sector – you’ll be self-motivated, enthusiastic, with great leadership skills. You’ll empower your team to deliver exceptional customer service, whilst educating and emphasising the importance of food safety standards and quality in everything they do.
Ready to work together?
- A completed Food Safety Supervisor course
- Sound understanding of laundry services, housekeeping and food services.
- Leadership skills and the ability to work in and manage a cohesive team.
- Great attention to detail and ability to identify improvements
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of computers and software applications
- Extremely passionate about changing the status quo of catering in aged care
- Willing to invest in the evolution of our customer service ethos
To apply for this opportunity, please click on the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application process.
Our process includes undergoing a Federal Police check and some positions will require you to complete an online medical assessment. We pay for both of these and it’s an easy process. You also need full working rights for Australia.
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
Through our values UnitingCare are proud of our teams diversity, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.
Essential: Do you hold the required qualifications for this role? Please note you WILL be required to provide copies during the interview process.