Green Engineering is one of the most well established solar company with extensive knowledge and experience. We have provided a better and greener environment to more than 50,000 households since 2009 and we will continue to support our renewable energy, for a better future all over the world.
Our production line is seeking an experienced and qualified Welder for structural steel and frame works both in a workshop and site based environment. You will play an integral role within the production department, assisting fellow solar panel installers on heavy structural buildings under intense conditions such as extreme heights, confined spaces and inclement weather.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out day to day activities as directed and in accordance with the training and direction provided by the Company.
- Inspect and test welds and equipment; repair damaged machinery, including any upgrades.
- Assist in securing and fastening of components using clamps, braces, jacks, and bolt straps etc.
- Carry out pre and post-welding treatment of structures by cleaning, buffing, and polishing workpieces.
- Comply with appropriate welding procedures for all welding.
- Utilize manual and mechanical processes to weld in various positions.
- Carry out fillet, tack, and full penetration welding on carbon steel structural, carbon steel/stainless steel/low alloy piping and plate joints for general and specialist equipment such as Boilers, Drums and Superheaters.
- Carry out welding operations under intense conditions such as extreme heights, confined spaces and inclement weather.
- Set equipment to weld in vertical, horizontal, flat or overhead positions.
- Familiarise with executing welding operations in compliance with safety policies.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum AQF Certificate III Fabrication Trade or equivalent or relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Have knowledge in using Manual Arc, TIG, MIG welding processes
- Tradesman who take pride in their work and enjoy making quality products
- Have ability to work with a range of metal types and thicknesses
- Be competent in the reading of engineering drawings and have a good knowledge and understanding welding symbols
- Have a strong adherence OH&S and in keeping as safe workplace
- High attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as required
To demonstrate your passion and capability, please email your cover letter and resume to **@greenengineeringsolar.com.au