Data Center Manager
Amazon Web Services is a fast-paced Cloud Computing technology company and a global leader in the Data Center space. To support the demands of our customers, we continue to expand our operations across APAC significantly. As a result, we need a proven Data Center technology focused manager to be a part of our infrastructure management team.
We require a strong technical minded individual with a passion for devising innovative concepts and strategies that will take our Data Center Operations to the next level. We are looking for a people manager who can collaborate, lead and mentor a team of skilled Data Center Technicians with a variety of skills. You will be responsible for Data Center operations with a focus on continuous improvement to ensure we continue to deliver the highest level of service to our customers.
As a successful applicant, you will get to manage the World's largest Cloud Computing Infrastructure. Every day you will innovate and help us solve exciting, challenging & complex problems while driving for operational excellence in all areas of your role. Day to day responsibilities include (but not limited to)
- Managing and developing teams of efficient Data Center Technicians, providing both technical and leadership expertise and ensuring the highest levels of performance
- Maintaining existing co-located and in-house Data Centers.
- Help build and bring new Data Centers to Australia.
- Constantly improving all our processes and procedures.
(We believe there is nothing we cannot improve)
- Assisting & managing relationships with external vendors & contractors.
- Liaising with internal teams & management groups.
- Ensuring we adhere to and exceed local Health & Safety standards in all our Data Centers.
- Creating and maintaining metrics of all aspects of our Data Centers and utilizing those metrics to drive positive improvements.
- Assisting in implementing service methodologies that include incident management, problem management, change management, capacity management.
- 3+ years of people management experience with direct reports in a Data Centre environment.
- High degree of organization and detail-orientation
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in change/incident management.
- Proven track record of success in delivering complex projects
- Prior ownership of the operation of mission-critical teams
- Experience in data mining/analysis skills.
- High literacy in security and customer data protection.
- Project Management skill.
- Networking experience and knowledge of cabling best practices.
- In-depth hardware architectures knowledge and troubleshooting experience with system management tools and client/server.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education certifications.
- Knowledge and/or experience of physical - IT security.
- Experience with capacity planning, preferably at a server and data center level.
- Experience with major Networking manufacturers equipment in an enterprise environment.
- Linux certification and/or administration experience - RHCSA/RHCE, LPIC, Linux+
- Network certification - CCENT/CCNA, Network+