Operational Risk Analyst (7737-496)
- Opportunity to join BOQ's Operational Risk team
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
- Excellent work life balance & flexible work conditions
About the Role
This position is responsible for providing operational risk insights and intelligence to both Group Risk and the BOQ Group. This will be achieved through accurate analysis and reporting activities and the effective implementation of BOQ's Operational Risk Management Framework.
The successful candidate will help to maintain a customer-centric risk culture. This will be achieved by embedding a mindset that the Operational Risk team is a key partner to the BOQ Group.
Duties will include:
- Assist BOQ’s Operational Risk Community to identify, assess, report on, oversee and challenge operational risks across the Group
- Undertake data analysis to identify issues and trends through tools such as ServiceNow (and related analytics platforms) and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Support the effective implementation of the operational risk-management framework
- Provide assistance with non-lending loss reporting, risk-based control testing, and operational risk reviews
- Managing internal queries on the Group’s Insurance Program and liaising with the Bank’s insurance broker where relevant
- Assist in the facilitation of the annual renewal of the Insurance program.
We are seeking an individual with:
- Demonstrated experience in operational risk or compliance with specific skills working across risk frameworks and systems
- Prior work experience in banking and finance would be advantageous
- The ability to analyse and interpret financial and statistical data and present it in a logical manner, constituting useful business intelligence.
- Demonstrated experience with common analytic tools
- Strong stakeholder engagement and negotiation/influencing skills, with the ability to effectively partner with all levels of the organisation
- A committed and enthusiastic nature with a willingness and ability to learn
- Ability to plan work and implement initiatives independently
- Effective and impactful verbal and written communication skills with experience in report writing, papers and other relevant submissions
- Tertiary qualifications in business, finance, or a related industry would be beneficial
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.