Posting Date Jan 02, 2020
Job Number 20000859
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Ritz-Carlton, Perth, 1 Barrack Street, Perth, Western Australia, Australia VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Owned by multinational developer, Far East Consortium, The Ritz-Carlton, Perth will be a prominent anchor point within Perth’s Elizabeth Quay development. Sitting just 30 metres from the waterfront, the 205-room hotel will occupy a 28-storey tower, which will also include a selection of impressive residential apartments. The Ritz-Carlton, Perth, together with The Towers at Elizabeth Quay, an upscale residential development located beside the hotel, will sit atop exclusive retail space, fine-dining experiences, and waterfront access. The Ritz-Carlton, Perth will also offer guests world-class amenities, including four distinctive restaurants and bars. The hotel is also ideally positioned to accommodate conference and meeting space demand in the city with 2,000 square metres of conference space, including a spacious 572 square metres ballroom fitted with the latest AV technology. Other facilities at the hotel include a Fitness Centre, which offers a gym, spa, and outdoor infinity swimming pool, while an open-roof courtyard with tropical, landscaped gardens creates a resort feel in a bustling city.
Manages the daily kitchen utility operations and staff. Areas of responsibilities include dish room operations, night cleaning, back dock cleaning and maintenance, banquet plating and food running. Supervises kitchen employees not actively engaged in cooking (e.g., dishwashers, kitchen helpers, etc.). Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the procurement, food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
- 2-year degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the procurement, food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensuring workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
- Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
- Monitors the inflow of ordered materials and the maintenance of current materials.
- Conducts china, glass and silver inventories.
- Controls inventories of food, equipment, smallware, and liquor, and report shortages to designated personnel.
- Inspects supplies, equipment, and work areas in order to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
- Investigates reports and follows-up on employee accidents.
- Manages all equipment, china, glass and silver (e.g., adequate clean supplies of each).
- Supervises employees ability to follow loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
- Enforces proper cleaning routines for serviceware, equipment, floors, etc.
- Enforces proper use and cleaning of all dish room machinery.
- Ensures all food holding and transport equipment is in working order.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
Leading Kitchen Team
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
- Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Participates in the management of department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Solicits employee feedback.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Understands the impact of department's operation on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
- Attends meetings and communicates with executive, peers, and subordinates as an effort to improve quality of service.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensures the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Recruits, interviews, selects, hires, and promotes employees in the organization.
- Trains employees in safety procedures.
- Provides feedback to individuals based on observation of service behaviors.
- Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Ensures utility staff is properly trained regarding sanitation, equipment handling and chemical usage.
The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.