Do you have a technical background and looking for a flexible role where you can help businesses scale in the cloud?
At Amazon, our vision is to be earth's most customer-centric company. In 2006, we launched Amazon Web Services, giving customers access to the same cloud technology we built to serve millions of shoppers on Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform, offering computing power, database storage, content delivery, and other functionality to help millions of businesses scale and grow.
As a Trusted Advisor you'll have a direct impact in helping our customers gain the most value from cloud technology. You'll craft and execute strategies to drive our customers' adoption and use of AWS services. Our Technical Account Managers (TAMs) partner with some of the most iconic businesses in the country. These range from rising startups building their business from scratch through to large enterprises going through significant transformation.
You'll provide advice on architecture, support, project, and launch planning as well as ongoing operational issues. Watch these short videos about life as a Technical Account Manager (https://bit.ly/2AivWrM) and hear from our ANZ Head of Enterprise Support - Sarah Farrell (https://bit.ly/2Xzct0W).
Responsibilities include: -
• You'll build solutions, provide technical guidance and advocate for the customer
• Ensure AWS environments remain operationally healthy whilst reducing cost and complexity
• Develop trusting relationships with customers, understanding their business needs and technical challenges
• Using your technical acumen and customer obsession, you'll drive technical discussions regarding incidents, trade-offs, and risk management
• Consult with a range of partners from developers through to managers
• Collaborate with AWS Solutions Architects, Business Developers, Professional Services Consultants, and Sales Account Managers
• With a bias for action, you'll proactively find opportunities for customers to gain additional value from AWS
• Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed prelaunch planning
• Being part of a wider Enterprise Support team you'll provide post-sales, consultative expertise
• Solve a variety of problems across different customers as they migrate their workloads to the cloud
• Uplift customer capabilities by running workshops, brown bag sessions, etc.
Longer term, you will have the chance to further develop your technical, consulting and leadership skills as we continue to grow the team. You'll develop your knowledge of AWS services, have the opportunity to gain further certifications as well as receive mentorship. In your first 90 days you'll receive hands on training to set you up for success!
Our TAMs work autonomously with a focus on customer outcomes. You'll spend time between the office and customer sites as well as have the opportunity to work from home.
At Amazon Web Services, we don't mind being called "peculiar." We have our own way of doing things. We're obsessed with customers, we see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable with being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox, but our unusual approach and our culture - focused on removing obstacles so builders can build - are part of why our people enjoy working in AWS.
We're passionate about supporting the needs of our people and their family members. Benefits include Medical Cover, Employee Assistance Programs and Global Mobility opportunities.
• Experience in a similar role as a Technical Consultant, Solutions Architect, Platform Engineer, Systems Engineer, Cloud Architect, Devops Engineer, Infrastructure Lead etc.
• Understand operational parameters and troubleshooting for at least two of the following: Compute, Storage, Networking, CDN, Databases, DevOps, Big Data and Analytics, Security, Applications Development
• Internal enterprise or external customer-facing experience with the ability to clearly articulate to small and large audiences
What if I'm not an expert in all qualifications? That's okay here at as we have training programs to teach any level. We hire smart people who can dive deep. We're more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven't been exposed to yet.
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at Amazon. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.