Correctional Health Mental Health Registered Nurse (MHRN) - Malmsbury VIC
Healthcare Australia are currently seeking expressions of interest from Mental Health Registered Nurse's Div1 for casual agency shifts at at the Youth Justice Precinct located in Malmsbury, Victoria (11km North-West of Kyneton, VIC).
If you have a passion for working in primary health, if you want to work in a unique environment and make a difference, and if you want to work in a multidisciplinary team that shares your dedication to healthcare without judgement, we have the job you are looking for!
Due to increased growth we have exciting opportunities for Mental Health Nurses to join our growing team.
Correct Care Australasia is Australia's largest outsourced correctional healthcare provider. Operating across all of Victoria's 14 publicly managed prisons and one private prison, Correct Care provides primary healthcare services to in excess of 5,000 prisoners through a diverse and dispersed workforce of healthcare professionals across metropolitan and rural Victoria.
Correctional settings provide a unique opportunity to address a range of health issues and to meet the health needs of a population that is normally hard to reach.
We are looking for suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic Mental Health Nurses (Division 1) to work in the medical centre at the Malmsbury facility. Working closely with our medical officers, primary care nursing staff and the Mental Health Unit, these roles provide an opportunity for the successful candidates to work and make a difference with a vulnerable population.
Previous experience in Correctional Health is not essential, as support and a comprehensive orientation program is provided.
The successful applicant will have:
Benefits of working with Healthcare Australia
- Possess a current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Must have a tertiary qualification in mental health
- Must have at least 1 year post graduate experience working as a mental health nurse
- Enjoy working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Be committed to delivering quality primary health care services in a correctional environment
- Possess excellent clinical assessment skills and be an effective communicator
- Be committed to timely incident reporting, legislative compliance, documentation and developing stakeholder relationships
- Have knowledge of Legislation and a genuine commitment to standards and quality practice.
- Possess intermediate to advanced computer skills
- High volumes of shifts available
- Flexibility to decide when and where you work- Choice
of weekly pay or QuickPay service to receive payments within 48hrs of a shift- Free
Professional Indemnity Insurance- Free
Criminal Record Check- Free
Online and Practical education packages that equal CPD points- Easy
to use eHCA app
– update availability, self-allocate option & electronic time sheets- Unbeatable
bonus & incentive schemes Refer a Friend & Ca$h4Hour$
To learn more about Healthcare Australia's benefits and culture, visit our website https://www.healthcareaustralia.com.au/ How to apply?
Register your interest at https://www.healthcareaustralia.com.au/jobseekers/
or for a confidential conversation, call now on 03 5201 8050.
One of our friendly staff will take you through a simple and easy recruitment process.Additional information
- Flexible Roster - Work around your lifestyle / commitments!
- HCA pay highly competitive rates of pay - ALL pays are above award wages
- Ca$h4Hour$ incentive scheme - earn an additional $1 for every 1 hour worked*