- Exciting new role to join highly respected, prof. & expanding fundraising team.
- Ideal for a visionary & energetic mgr w/ proven success in Philanthropy.
- Opp to be TIC to the Head of Fund & manage major projects & capital appeals.
The role of the Philanthropy Lead is responsible for the strategic development, management and implementation of engagement and cultivation programs working with Major Individual Donors. This role will work closely with the Head of Strategic Fundraising to ensure coordinated and integrated approaches to donors in order to fund major projects and capital appeals. As well as contribute to the implementation of the new Fundraising and Development Strategy and will play an active role in creating a new Development and Philanthropy taskforce with members comprising of Board Directors and key influencers.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide operational management of the key Philanthropy income streams: Major Donors, Gift in Wills, Trusts and Foundations.
- Build successful major individual donor relationships thereby ensuring continued and increasing contributions in support various project/capital needs.
- Research, identify, inform, motivate and acquire new major individual donors.
- Identify and recommend approach strategies to prospective major donors and philanthropists, aligning the needs of the individual donor with key attributes of the projects.
- Work with the Head of Strategic Fundraising to establish a Development and Philanthropy Taskforce to help identify prospects, facilitate introductions and develop relationships with potential individual major donors. Ensure the Taskforce members are equipped with all information and professionally presented support materials to enable them to share the funding need with prospective donors.
- Manage, or support, all aspects of specific capital/major gift appeals as required by the Head of Strategic Fundraising, CEO and the Development and Philanthropy Taskforce.
- Identify and clarify projects that are likely to inspire and attract financial support from individual major donors.
- Research and write tailored proposals to target the motivating triggers for each individual donor in relation to the projects requiring funding.
- Work with the Head of Strategic Fundraising to develop and deliver the annual group work plan within agreed budgets and timeframes.
- Develop and monitor accurate product and operational budgets. Report on progress of product performance, being able to recognise barriers and find effective solutions.
- Assess and monitor risks to all team activities on a monthly basis and implement new controls to mitigate risks where required.
- Work with other team members of Marketing, Communications and Fundraising to ensure a high quality, customer-orientated service is provided to the whole organisation and to the community.
- Manage a high performing team, including resource planning, developing staff work plans, professional development and biannual performance reviews.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to support and develop direct reports and other members of the fundraising team.
The ideal candidate will be a collaborative, innovative leader and mentor who enjoys developing staff and has exceptional stakeholder relationship development capabilities, strong written and verbal communications skills and excellent public speaking/presentation skills with an ability to pitch ideas and engage audiences at all levels. Tertiary qualifications in fundraising, marketing, business development, community engagement or communications will be highly regarded.
If you have a strong knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising and an understanding of a donors motivations to support a particular cause as well as proven experience securing high value philanthropic gifts and experience preparing and monitoring budgets and reporting to management on financial progress, then this is the role for you!
To submit your application please click apply and send your resume in WORD format.