Trainees Recent Graduates Maintenance Electronics And Mechanical Technician
Schlumberger is the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions.
Location: Jandakot, WA and Roma, QLD
It is to support our teams in the field ensuring the tools and services at the wellsite can perform in ever more complex, extreme environments.
The Maintenance Trainee responsible for following the trainee technical package to be able to minimize the mechanical and electrical failures in equipment, that may result in either lost time or poor quality data by ensuring that their assigned equipment is maintained as per Product Line Standards and according to the latest specifications.
The person performs preventive maintenance and modifications under technical supervision according to defined schedules and aware of the potential risks associated with such maintenance and works in a safe, orderly and efficient manner.
- Ensure all assigned equipment is continually maintained at the highest standards, resulting in proper functionality and minimum failures.
- Responsible to improve asset availability by reducing the asset turnaround time through reduction of asset waiting for maintenance, Down for Parts/ Return Authorization Number, Down for Failure and Work-in-Process.
- Execute Maintenance Strategy, compliant to Reliability Centered Maintenance strategy
- Comply to Technology Lifecycle Management (TLM) standards
- Responsible to support Continuous Improvement culture, initiatives and execute remedial work plan within location
- Responsible to implement reliability practices
- Utilize maintenance business systems to reach full cost, time and equipment traceability for maintenance performance (movements, work orders, parts used and time to maintain).
- Comply with all Schlumberger and Product Line’s Service Quality, HSE and IT standards and policies
- Follows fixed-step training program and ensures training is on schedule and accurately recorded
- Proof of 2-3 years Technical TAFE Diploma Certificate in Electronic, Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics or equivalent diploma from recent year
- 0-3 years’ experience in the same field
- Have the right to live and work in Australia without company sponsorship
This is not FIFO work, person must reside around Perth (WA) OR Roma (QLD) OR able to relocate themselves to Perth (WA) OR Roma (QLD) for this job assignment
- Solid hands on electronics and mechanical background essential coupled with strong analytical skills
- Strong Math and Physics results
- Able to follow directions and company policies and Service Quality and Performance focused
- Ability to learn quickly and translate the learning into practical solutions
- Strong Commitment to HSE
- Competent computer skills
- Ability to work under pressure and work effectively in Teams
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills essential
- Ability to use own initiative and committed to continuous improvement
- Good personnel skills, highly self-motivated
- Ability to follow procedures and understand engineering and/or electrical drawings
- Ability to complete paperwork in a legible manner
- Available for Immediate start
Please send a detailed resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications, position for which you are applying and work experience with email subject “Maintenance Technician Trainee – Recent Graduates” to:
and upload your CV to http://careers.slb.com/
Only successful applicants that meet the above criteria will be contacted.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
We are committed to providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.