Services Engineer Mechanical
The Lead Services Applications Engineer is responsible for providing technical leadership in customer engagement for FEED studies and tenders in the OFE, Services Business. The role focuses on creation of a systemic solution to meet customer requirements, working closely with the Customer as well as Commercial Operations; Sales; Product stakeholders
The role will primary focus on interfacing directly with the customer and regional services organisation to deliver technically and commercially compliant tenders for complex service projects, intervention projects, life of field contracts. There will be associations and relationships with the customer and global product centres to ensure effective and efficient support is provided for optimized outcomes
The position is based at Baker Hughes, Jandakot facility, Perth, Western Australia.
- Interpret customer specifications and identify equipment required to comply with specifications
- Executes systems level product offerings, managing support from each ITO product segment.
- Liaises with Sales, Business Development and Product functions during the pursuit and bid phases of a tender.
- Compliance with all applicable environmental, health and safety regulations and quality requirements.
- Establishes customer and market requirements.
- Works with the ITO team to be compliant with the internal tendering toll gates to deliver a preferred optimized solution to the client.
- Optimizes the selection of products and systems to minimize the impact on our supply chain and manufacturing process to enable profitable execution.
- Provides accurate and validated Technical Proposals and an understanding of commercial impact.
- Takes a lead role in system offerings with respect to BH products, manages the systems integration and liaises with regional pursuit management teams
- Presents solutions in a form capable of ready interpretation by Internal and External Customers at tender pursuit and execution phases
- Ensures sub-contract technical risk is managed in line with Procedures
- Estimates systems engineering and design man hour requirements for review by execution team.
- Develops overall system engineering execution plan and testing philosophy for bid
- Prepares and updates technical qualification and risk registers
- Collates and prepares preliminary and full Master Equipment Lists and operationalize the tender.
- Disposition, review and approve service notifications and produce technical reports.
- Proactively participate in EHS standards including Concern Reports, STOP, job safety assessments (JSA) and risk assessments.
- Participate in design reviews and consult with other departments on designs, queries and field related applications.
- Disposition deviations from suppliers and fabricators in support of the Services workshop.
- Develop and review technical documentation including field service manuals, engineering specifications, drawings, calculation packs, bill of materials, guidelines and repair procedures related to the refurbishment and condition assessment of equipment.
- Develop installation, preservation, acceptance test and system integration test procedures and assist with their execution.
- Assist internal and external customers on technical issues.
- Develop and execute project scopes
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline or an equivalent combination of qualifications and relevant experience
- 10 years of engineering experience within the subsea industry (projects and operations preferred) or related service organisation.
- Technical knowledge of subsea production equipment products, Xmas Trees, Control Systems, Manifold & Connection Systems. Domain knowledge of intervention, operations and equipment desirable.
- Sound knowledge of environmental, health and safety, and quality regulations within the oil and gas industry.
- Good communication skills, with an ability to communicate well in a multi-lingual/multi-cultural team environment. Good English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of relevant and applicable International and Australian Standards
- Service minded and good understanding of risk analysis and hazard mitigation.
- Field experience in subsea installations and interventions
- Proactive and results oriented, self-motivated and ability to work independently and in a team.
- Good analytical skills combined with proven problem solving skills.
- Ability to cooperate in multi-disciplinary engineering groups.
- Flexible to travel to remote locations for periods of time in field environment (5-28 days) if required.
- Experience in MathCAD or equivalent package.
- Commercial background and aptitude
- Knowledge of engineering design theory and manufacturing techniques.
- Solid oil and gas industry knowledge including either subsea hardware including wellheads, trees, manifolds, connection systems, Capital Drilling Equipment and intervention solutions
- HUET / BOSIET
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff so classified. All staff may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Location : Jandakot, Australia
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
People are a key part of our success and how we do business hence we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.