Reference No : 9086
Closing Date: Friday 17 January, 2020
MAITLAND All Saints College, St Peter's Campus
Temporary Part Time
DescriptionAll Saints’ College, St Peters Campus is seeking a part-time Temporary (25 hours/week) Information Technology Support Officer for the 2020 school year.
The Information Technology Support Officer is a diverse role working with College staff and students to ensure the effective operation of technology services within the College. The successful candidate would ideally possess a strong knowledge of school based hardware and applications.
Duties will include installation and troubleshooting of equipment and software, tracking and resolution of general help desk calls, some training of staff and support for teachers in managing classroom technology may be required as well as general support for our Administration office.
The school has a network infrastructure based on Microsoft Windows, which provides internet services and access to common software applications.
Position RequirementsThe successful applicant will need to demonstrate:
• support of the ethos of Catholic education
• the capacity to support current infrastructure through regular scheduled Wi-Fi infrastructure, projectors and presentation hardware, print services and all systems, including school owned devices across the College.
• knowledge and familiarity with Active Directory and System Centre Configuration Manager SCCM deployment systems.
• knowledge and familiarity with or capacity to develop expertise in a range of software applications including but not limited to, Microsoft Office, Compass, EDVAL Timetabling Solutions, Oliver, SAS, Active Directory and OneNote
• an understanding of the support requirements of the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program of the school to enhance Teaching and Learning.
• skill in deployment and maintenance of staff devices and technical support for the day to day needs of College staff, including support and casual staff.
• the capacity to provide technical assistance for whole school events such as liturgies, ceremonies and special event evenings.
• high level of communication and collaboration skills with an ability to plan and prioritise tasks.
• ability to work effectively as part of a team & independently
• ability to be flexible and cope with an interrupted work environment
Essential Criteria• The position requires a person with TAFE (or equivalent) qualification in IT.
• Current NESA Accreditation and Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC)
Desirable Criteria• Experience with Microsoft’s Server product range (Windows Server, Active Directory, Office 365)
• Experience with Microsoft System Center for client application management
• Experience with school administration software
• Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead 2018 - formerly the Faith Education Accreditation (FEA) Policy 2012;
• Current Accreditation at Category A – Accreditation to Work or willingness to work towards this accreditation.
Conditions of Employment
Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Friday 17 January, 2020
Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
Nicholas Wickham (***************@mn.catholic.edu.au)
By email (preferred):
ASC Head of Campus
All Saints College, St Peter's Campus
9 Free Church Street
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
• 9.5 per cent superannuation. To apply: Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria directly to Principal – Nicholas Wickham: ***************@mn.catholic.edu.au Applications close: Friday 17th January 2020, 3.00pm *Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*